Chapter Twenty-Six

Thank you if you are reading, it means a lot to me! This is kind of a filler chapter again but don't worry because Ethan and Rachel will soon meet (finally, right?!).

I hope you all enjoy :)

(not edited..)

TWENTY-SIX

"Sebastian!"

I winced at the loud voice, mumbling under my breath incoherently in anger at being woken up abruptly. Sebastian and Logan were having a shouting match once again and it was probably about nothing. I opened my left eye hesitantly, grimacing as the bright light reflecting off the hospital walls shined into my tired eyes. I squinted and looked around the room with my right eye still squeezed shut and my head resting on Ethan's bed but grew confused when I couldn't find the faces to match the voices to. I could hear Logan shouting, but where was he?

I stood up and released Ethan's warm hand from mine before stretching. I winced as I heard multiple joints click - I must have been sat down here for longer than I had thought. As my eyes traveled around the room I realised that the clock said it was now 14:50, school would normally finish in half an hour so I should probably start leaving now so that my father did not get suspicious. Luckily, the school understood that Ethan was in hospital and both his parents and Robyn had written letters to school to explain my absence – if they had not, the school would have contacted my father and I would have probably been forced to move schools or leave school completely...

With a departing kiss on Ethan's forehead, I ambled out of the room in search of Logan and Sebastian who I could no longer hear bickering. As soon as I exited the room I saw Mr and Mrs Miles sat on one of the new cushioned chairs that had replaced the uncomfortable plastic ones that were previously there when Ethan had first been admitted here. Mrs Miles, or Avia as she keeps on insisting I call her by, was curled up into Mr Miles' side (I should also start calling him David) with her head resting on his shoulder. They both looked up as the door shut behind me and smiled sadly at me – they could probably sense my emptiness without Ethan. I said a brief goodbye, telling them that I would be back in a few days – it was Friday today which meant that I couldn't use the 'I'm going to school' excuse to come to the hospital over the weekend. I walked down the hall and turned a corner to see Sebastian spinning around with what looked like a phone in his hands while Logan was throwing punches... I will assume that Seb stole Logan's phone again.

"Boys!" I yelled, making them both freeze and stop what they were doing before turning to face me, sheepish grins on their face.

"Rachel... You're awake." Seb said as I took a few steps forward and crossed my arms against my chest and nodded.

"That would be correct. What are you doing with Logan's phone?" I hoped that my voice sounded stern; in reality, I was trying my hardest not to laugh at the two acting like children.

"I-I, um..." Seb stuttered, laughing nervously.

"I was texting someone and he stole it." Logan mumbled, sounding like a young child whose sibling had just taken his favourite toy away from him.

"Sebastian, give the phone back please," I said as he nodded sadly and handed the phone back to Logan. I started laughing and uncrossed my arms, "You two are such children."

"Hey!" They both cried.

"I'll leave you two now, I need to get home but I'll see you in a few days. Don't forget to call me if there's any news."

They said their goodbyes in return and nodded before walking in the direction of Ethan's room – I don't think I could handle Ethan being here without those two idiots. I checked the large clock on the wall and realised it had been ten minutes since I last checked the time and rushed out of the hospital before waiting impatiently at the bus stop; I needed to be home really soon.