Chapter Twenty-Nine

I'm actually so so so touched by the amount of people who commented on the author's note yesterday... I had no idea that so many people would be happy for me to be back! Thank you all for not giving up on me and this story!
I wrote this chapter a long while ago, I've only briefly read through it recently but I really wanted to update for you all! I'm sorry for the long wait :) x

TWENTY-NINE

The kiss was perfect; it was so gentle yet filled with love and passion. I couldn't believe it was my first kiss and I couldn't be more thankful that I got to share it with my Ethan.

As he pulled away, I felt so much happiness and a wide grin adorned my face – Ethan was beaming also. I softly brought my hand to his face, caressing his cheek and gazing into his deep blue eyes – they reminded me of an ocean, but this ocean I would not mind drowning in. My eyes welled with tears of happiness as I tried to speak,

"I can't... I mean I... I can't believe that you're actually here."

"I've always been here with you, my love."

As he said this I heard the headmaster awkwardly clear his throat behind us causing me to realise that we were still on stage in front of everyone. A blush formed on my cheeks in embarrassment and I grabbed Ethan's hand, pulling him off the stage and behind the curtain where I had been standing not long ago. While this was happening, however, I was too caught up in Ethan's presence and didn't hear the low growl at the back of the hall – and I didn't take notice of the familiar, angry figure that stormed out of the room.

***

"Hey." I grinned,

"Hey." Ethan grinned back.

Everyone else was outside in the school field dancing, drinking and eating but Ethan and I decided to stay inside so that we could finally talk without any interruptions. We had been sat on the edge of the stage in the empty hall for a while now, just smiling at each other and holding hands. I just couldn't believe that he was finally here and awake.

"How have you been? While I was in hospital, I mean..." He

"What do you expect? I was terrified. I needed you and I was so scared that you would never wake up." I choked out the words, remembering when I first saw him lying in the hospital bed – weak and unresponsive.

Ethan didn't respond but instead pulled me into his chest, kissing my temple. That was all I needed. He was here now and I knew he wouldn't leave without a fight.

"I wrote you more letters while you were in hospital." I told him as I lay against his chest, staring up at him.

"You did? I have a lot to read then, huh?" He laughed – I loved his laugh. "I can come to yours and you can give them to me, if you want?"

"No!" I quickly cried out before recomposing myself, "We should stay here; I don't want to waste any time with you..."

"It won't take long; I want to read these letters." He replied with his eyes filled with curiosity as to why I was acting so strange.

"I can bring them to you." I stated, wanting to change the subject before he asked more questions.

"Okay, should we go find my parents and your friends? I'm sure they're all waiting for us to come back." I was thankful that he didn't question me further and let it go – for now.

"By 'they're all', you mean your mum." I laughed. His mother was basically obsessed with our relationship and I'm sure that now we have finally officially met she would be begging us to start planning our wedding – usually I would find this weird but I loved how excited she was and how close their family is. I know that my mum would be the same if she were here.