This Is What Parental Love Feels Like

Peter didn't know what to think.Gues that 80.74% was right. They were definitely going to meet Tony now. Tony who was very protective over him and would not hesitate to kick anyone out of the tower if they made fun of Peter. So Peter only prayed that Flash wouldn't make an off handed comment about him, or call him 'Penis' Parker. 

If Flash didn't say anything, he wouldnt be kicked out. And Tony would hopefully find no reason to embarrass Peter in front of his team. 

It's a win, win situation right? 

But for now, Peter and his teammates were going to the PR department. And honestly, Peter was initially slightly shocked that Kemp wasn't from the PR department. It was usually interns from that department that dealt with the tour groups. 

Or maybe this field trip to Stark Industries is different because he's touring the place along with his teammates. 

"Level 59. Public Relations Department." FRIDAY announced. 

Everyone slowly filled out of the lift, Peter being the last as usual. Because this whole field trip was filled to the brim with Avengers and famous people walking around and incidentally (actually on purpose but nobody else but Peter knows that) bumping into Peter. 

"As I'm sure most of you know, PR stands for Public Relations and is the department that deals with Stark Industries' ties with the public. They deliver company news and basically run the Stark Industries' social media accounts." Kemp started commentating.

"The PR department also deals with how to sell StarkPhones and any other projects and campaigns the Industry run. They also work hand in hand with my department, Finance." Kemp continued, "All in all the PR department is very important. And that's why Pepper Potts is the PR HOD."

"Yes, Tony can never run this department." 

Why. Peter deadpanned. 

Peter heard MJ gasp next to him as he watched, with dread, Pepper's eyes land on him. She gave him a little wink as she addressed the group. At least she wasn't as embarrassing as Tony or any of the other Avengers for calling him out. 

Pepper is awesome and maybe she was here in her department on pure coincidence this time. 

"Hello Midtown's Academic Decathlon team." She greeted in a cheery voice as usual, which Peter recognized as her 'press' voice. You know, the one where she forces herslef to sound more cheerful. "I'm sure all if you know my name." She added with a smile. 

"Of course we do!" One of Peter's teammates, Cindy, exclaimed. Peter could only guess that she was another fab of Pepper just like MJ. 

Pepper shot Cindy a quick smile before continuing, "Everybody in the department currently has important things to do. And I for once, finally do not have anything crucial to get to, so I'll introduce you to the PR department."

Okay maybe she might not be here on pure coincidence after all. She might (just might have) have cleared her timetable for this hour to take Peter's teammates through the PR department. 

But that didn't stop Peter, to for once during this whole trip, go to the front of the group to be with Pepper who smiled genuinely at him. They walked slightly ahead if the group behind them to whisper to each other to not let Peter's teammates hear the conversation. 

"Did Tony put you up to this?" Peter asked. 

Pepper hummed in response, "I might've just cleared this hour. But not because Tony asked me too. I just wanted to see you."

"Well I'm not really surprised you did clear your hour." Peter remarked as Pepper started talking to the others behind them. Pepper may be talking to the others but he knows that she's listening to him. "But I don't know why you would want to see me. I mean I'm totally fine!"