Questions...No Answers

Trinity pov

My heart is racing. I don't know how to feel. Why did he do this? I'd thought I'd know everything. I should have known better, the old man always had another trick up his sleeve. I'm locked in a trance and I can't focus. I reach for my phone. I need to call Alisa, get this sorted out. My breathing quickens. My hands shake. I don't know what to do. My limbs crumble and it all fades into darkness.

..."Trinity. Trinity...? Trinity!" Iqra is calling my name and shaking my shoulders.

"Wh-what happened?"

"Umm, I think you passed out from the shock," remarks Adrina tentatively as she appears by my side with a cup of water, "Would you like us to get you to a hospital, or, at least a doctor?"

"No. I'm fine." My head is still a little cloudy, but I can  stand. And I don't want to cause a scene. Or a scandal.

"Trinity..." Iqra protests, her tone worried.

"It won't happen again," I counter in a firm voice, "Wait... how did you conclude it was from shock, if you didn't read the letter?"

Adrina looks sheepishly at the ground.

"Oh come on." Iqras voice is rigid with sarcasm. "If one of your besties (ahem, us) passed out after reading a letter, you wouldn't be just the tiniest bit curious?"

"Well yes, but I wouldn't invade their privacy..."

"Great. Now replace 'tiny bit of curiosity' with 'burning desire to know'."

I roll my eyes and dismiss the matter as another pops into my head. "How long was I out?"

"Not too long," Adrina replied quickly,"About five minutes."

"And you didn't call a doctor yet?"

"Well," Adrina looked down at the floor meekly,"We suspected you wouldn't want something like this. A scandal."

"Oh please," I scoff, "my existence is a scandal.

"But you're right. No one needs to be hurt any more. If this came up, naturally more questions would be raised."

"Well, what are the next steps you're going to take?" ask's Iqra.

"I need to call Alisa." I point out the painfully obvious fact as I grabbed my phone and navigated to speed dial. Alisa picked up after the first ring.

"Trinity. How can I help you?"

"Alisa, I've just opened a letter."

"And?"

"What can you tell me about my grandfather's second account?

Alisas professionalism rarely slipped, and not even the news of this second account seemed to rattle her.

Probably because she already knows about it. I think, feeling a rare streak of spite.

"I'm free this afternoon to have a little chat."

'A chat'? That's all she could say? A chat?

"Sure." I reply in an ice cold tone.

I turn to my besties. "You guys. You guys are coming with me.  And we're taking my Urus."

"I call the front seat." Iqra shoots out almost instantly.

At that moment, a very drunk Mr. Hawthorne walked through my bedroom doors.

"Jameson Winchester Hawthorne, kindly get the fück out of my room."

"Madame Trouble," Jameson adopts a rather stuffy accent and goes into a deep bow, "I have news."

"Tell me when you're sober." I snap. I know exactly what he wants to tell me, but am in no position to deal with him now. My life has just changed forever, I have no time to listen to a drunk Jameson ramble the quarter truth of what he just found out - something I always knew.

I slide the letter into the pocket of my leather jacket and brush past him, Iqra and Adrina trailing behind. Iqra "accidentally" slightly trips over him, her foot somehow also managing to kick his leg out of the way.

A.N.: Hi guys!! Sorry I've been away, I've been super busy and I'm going on a trip soon, BUT I'm going to try and post updates. This chapter is shorter, because I feel like it fits together better like this but, I hope the next few make up for it!