Infinity, Winchester?

"I'm so tired of bein' the girl that I am
Every good thing has turned into something I dread
And I'm playin' the victim so well in my head
But it's me who's been making the bed"
Olivia Rodrigo, "making the bed"

T.W. Suicidal thoughts

"This one." Trinity taps a board, and hands Jameson her knife.

"Thanks Dynamite." Jameson and his stupid, funny, emotional nicknames.

The moon light perfectly grazes his cheekbones, illuminating his smooth skin.

There's a pop and the board comes loose. "Infinity." he whispers in awe as a lemniscate appears, carved into the wood.

"Or," I state with a more practical stance "eight."
"Infinity, Winchester?" Trinity teases her brother and he doesn't respond. Before anything else happens Trinity is gone and I'm left alone yet again with Jameson Hawthorne.

"One down, three to go." He smirks.
Then he walks me to my bedroom and holds my hand until I close the door.

Trinity pov

Reading minds really isn't hard. First, you analyse the situation and the way the people are reacting. Then you add in the person's language patterns and personal philosophy. Reading people can be hard, but naturally the more time you spend with someone the easier it gets.

But my god. Why did I misread Jameson, my own flesh and blood? Yet just a few hours beforehand I scared Avery, an interloper of dubious intentions out of her wits?

Why can't he see? Why can't anyone see I'm hurting?

Why isn't he? How do I not understand anything?

The pain is eating me alive this morning, so I call in sick. Not that I actually need to be in class. Based on my test scores I should be a junior in college now. I'm not staying at heights country day because of the education though, I'm staying for all the opportunities and how good it looks on my college applications. Not that I need that either. When you're a self-made billionaire by 17 people usually just look at that.

I curl up on my bed and swallow a few painkillers.

Take me out of this misery.

Why doesn't anyone understand how much it hurts?
I walk over to the balcony and see one of the  pools below.

Deep breath.

I kick off my slippers and climb up onto the railing.

Take me out of this misery.

No.

I don't jump. I'm diving, soaring through the air into the water.

I don't die. Not today.

The world doesn't win.

Not today.

<\3

I managed to float upon landing on the water then do around fifty laps, my clothes heavy and water logged,  dragging me further and further before pulling my tired body out of the pool.

"Interesting outfit for swimming." My brother's silver eyes meet mine.

I look up at my balcony. His eyes follow, and realisation dawns on him.

Tears pour out of my eyes. I feel vulnerable and safe here with Grayson. My brother.

His expression changes and morphs into something of disgust, as if he can't bear to be here in my presence.

"Do you know where Avery and Jameson are?"
I shake my head no through tears. He leaves.

My brother left me.

</3

I pull myself together in time for dinner and braid my wet hair.

"I didn't see you at school today." Avery spoke up from across the table.

"Performance. I had a harp performance." I lie through my teeth.

I can't sit here, seeing Grayson sitting innocently at the end of the table.

The nerve.

The absolute bastard.

"Alisa says I have to go to a charity gala this weekend and a NFL game next weekend, as well as media training." Avery rambles.

Huh. I figured this would happen, with the stunt I helped her pull yesterday. Things are back on track.

"I'm on the planning committee for the gala."

"That's nice."

This is killing me. I probably shouldn't joke about that after what I did this afternoon.

My chair scrapes and I walk up to my room "Home work after a performance is crazy." I call out over my shoulder as a means of an excuse.

When I get to my desk, I open up a compartment and two things wait for me : the stack of instructional letters and the letter given to me at the will reading.

No.

Why don't I make this interesting?

Instead of reaching for one of the letters I pull out my phone and call someone.

"Mr. Caragillis? It's Trinity Hawthorne. I understand you and Mrs. Caragillis will be out of town for a few days. Would Thea be interested in staying here at the House?"

I think granddad would be proud.

I hope so.

"Infinity, Kallistrate?"

A.N.: It's almost Christmas!! Ily you all sm and hope you have an amazing week! Pls don't be a silent reader, vote or leave a comment!
<3!