Lilith...

Lilith...

Since the incident with Void’s brother, things went a bit back to normal. Void wanted to leave everything about his case to the office and put things behind him. I returned to school and developed a routine with Void. He had questions about his, moving out but I’ve been avoiding him whenever he did try. I don’t want him to go.

“Who’s the guy you’re gonna meet with?” asked Scott. We sat at the coffee shop close to college since we didn’t have anymore classes for the day.

“It’s the guy that helped us out at the bar. He’s an old acquaintance from when I went to high-school. He said he has something to tell me so I’m gonna talk to him, I’ll be fine,” I tell him.

Scott has been really supportive of me. Even when I say I’m fine he still worries about leaving me alone. His blue eyes bore into mine, nothing convinced him that I was okay unless I cried, ate, napped and woke back up again.

“I’ll text you before and after I talk to him. After this I’m going go meet Void. You have a class to get to Mister, run along before you’re late.”

I shove him out of the front door of the coffee shop. The cashier giggled at the both of us. He grumbled but didn’t argue.

“Fine. I want evidence that you’ve eaten though, no sugar,” he demanded. I nodded quickly with a thumbs up. It’s really good to have him as a friend. Thanks to Scott others at school have made light conversation with me too. I panicked every time or dazed out but Scott always helped me.

I went back into the coffee shop and ordered a caramel iced latte with a ton of whipping cream and caramel sauce on top. I hated Starbucks but I loved Midnight Café’s drinks. They paid attention to quality and quantity.

“So, this is what you do with your life now Lily?” a husky and familiar voice asked.

“My life isn’t any of your concern, Dominic. What do you want? Why did you want to talk to me?” I asked him. I channeled the confident- bitter young woman I used to be.

“Still bitter I see, figured things would be okay considering how I almost died for you.” I rolled my eyes.

Dominic hadn’t changed. He was a good sum of years older than my brother and I but we were all close, considering that Derek dated his sister. His dark skin still smooth, bulky shoulders that begged a shirt for release, stereotypical gold chain and rings and his hair cut to a fade with thick waves on top. Black really never does crack.

“How did you find me?” I asked.

“I can find you anywhere,” he replied. My face deadpanned.

“Fine, your foster parent had a private investigator looking for you. He narrowed the search down to this city but I took his info, got rid of him- you’re welcome- and I put things together till I found that storage facility. I had a guy there to check when you’d be there. Seeing you that night was shear luck though.” I sipped on my drink to remain as unbothered as I wasn’t actually feeling on the inside.

“If you’re originally here to ask me to come back, I refuse. That life is something I never wanted. Derek wanted me to get out if he wasn’t around and I plan to stay out. I’m not messing up my life any more than it already is,” I told him. He inhaled sharply.