Chapter 5

(24th of September)

The first rays of the morning sun hit my eyes as I was making my way to the Rocks of Travel along with Rowan and Dahlia.

After walking for a while, we reached our destination. The Rocks of Travel were a ring of tall triangular rocks with a stone platform in the centre.

We went inside the ring and me and Rowan stood on the stone platform.

"I am nervous about going to the mortal world for the first time," I told Rowan honestly.

"Everything will be okay. You worry too much. I have been there before for my dad, remember? I will guide you through, okay" he replied reassuringly.

"This is a photo of Cassandra. She lives in the 3rd floor of Enclave Apartments. I have adjusted your compass to guide you that way. I will fix it once you return. She usually comes home by 12 so until then you can explore the place but be careful. And take this letter. Give it to her to convince her about her magical heritage" Dahlia went over what she had told us earlier and we nodded while Rowan pocketed the photo and the letter.

"Now, since I have opened the portal to the mortal world permanently, just chant the words I told you to."

We nodded and began to speak-"We wish to enter the realm of the mortals. Yora, guide your children through for a safe journey."

As soon as we said that, lavender light shone through the stones landing on the stone platform where we were standing. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I saw that we were standing on a bridge under which a river was flowing. I could see weird shaped metal boxes with people inside somehow moving on the road. Many of them were putting some weird peculiar object near their ears and started speaking. Weird.

Rowan dragged me through the place and introduced me to the different things here. Apparently the metal boxes on the road were called cars and those weird objects were called smart phones.

Rowan took me to a restaurant, did I say it right? There we ate something called pizza and it was very good! I think I will take some back. I also tried this drink called banana smoothie and it was very tasty.

I made Rowan take me to a bookstore so I could gaze at the books they have here. There was a series called 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' whose idea I loved. The thought of demigods living hidden among mortals was kind of like our reality because all Meonaries have a part of nature magic in our soul which makes us unique from regular mortals. Sometimes, we are able to access these magical parts and unlock abilities. I got Rowan to promise me to bring me here again after the quest ends because after reading the first page of the 1st book, I literally fell in love. Rowan had to drag me out like a kid from a candy store.

We then went inside a cafe to wait for the clock to strike 12. There Rowan ordered some drink called frappucino. I ordered some drink called coffee Rowan told me to try. They have so many drinks here.

As I was sipping coffee, I saw Rowan staring at the photo of Cassandra. I couldn't blame him. She truly was beautiful with her short curly blonde hair and brown eyes like coffee beans. I did see the barista, that's what they are called I think, make coffee using coffee beans and her eye colour was the same rich shade of brown as those beans.

It was finally 12:00 noon now. I got Rowan to wait another 15 minutes before leaving for Enclave Apartments just to make sure she had reached there.

We leisurely walked through the road while I was gaping at the tall buildings and Rowan was busy looking for a mop of blonde hair. As we were walking, people kept giving us weird glances. Did I have something on my face? No, I am sure I wiped my face properly. Must be because of how I hadn't wore my lucky red boots I had been wearing cause Dahlia insisted I leave them behind to not attract unwanted attention. But still they kept whispering to each other.