Epilogue

Nandini was busy chopping the vegetables for dinner, sitting beside her mother in law in the veranda quietly. She looked up in concern when Aagastya came inside the house after playing, crying loudly.

"Kya hua, mere bache?" Nandini asked as Aagastya climbed in her lap. His hands grabbed her face, to have her attention on him, as he demanded, "Meko bhi chahiye!"

"Kya?" Nandini asked with a frown.

"Woh Sonu ki Mumma ne usse choti si Pari laake di," Aagastya said, referring to the daughter they had before he cried out, "Aap bhi laake doh mujhe. Mere saath bazaar chalo abhi."

Nandini opened her mouth before closing it, looking towards her mother in law who was not even hiding her happiness at hearing her two and half year old grandson's demand. Even nodding in encouragement.

"Bazaar se nahi milta bacha beta," Nandini replied, making Aagastya look at her in confusion as he enquired, "Toh fir kaha se aayega?"

As if Manik knew he was needed, he entered the house, coming back from work. He sat along with his mother, looking at the mother-son duo before focusing on his mother, confused as she teasingly said, "Jaa Manik Nandini ko kamre main le ja."

"Kyu?" Manik enquired, looking at his mother then at Nandini, who was throwing daggers at his mother, while her cheeks were warm. Nandini mumbled something under her breath as she walked to the kitchen, to fetch a glass of water for her husband while Aagastya followed her.

While she was working, he followed her closely behind, tugging at her dupatta time and again as he continuously cried out, "Mumma Pari."

"Haini mera paas koi Pari. Jaake apne Papa se kaho," Nandini said, irritated as he refused to let her work, not even realising what she said. But, when she did notice the slip of tongue, before she could stop Aagastya, he ran out of the kitchen towards his father. Nandini whined in embarrassment as she heard them laughing a few minutes later.

~~~~~

Nandini pressed a kiss on top of Mahir's head before doing the same to Aagastya as they cuddled to her, Aagastya asleep while Mahir's eyes were closing in sleep while she narrated a night time story to them. A few minutes later, ensuring they were asleep, she gently got up from the middle and moved to the bathroom to change into a simple suit.

Closing the door behind her, she walked downstairs in the kitchen to prepare the milk for the family. While she was heating the milk and simultaneously cleaning the mess in the kitchen, she startled as she felt hands on her waist.

"Aap kya kar re hai? Koi aa jayega," Nandini said nervously, trying to get out of Manik's hold as his hand proceeded to take off the clip holding her hair together. He hummed, his lips moving to her neck, relishing the fragrance of jasmine as he ordered, "Toh jaldi kar na."

"Ab khud chule par thodi na baithungi," Nandini sarcastically said, yelping as he pinched her bare waist in reaction. Shoving his hand off, she rubbed the spot while looking over the milk. Pouring it into glasses, she handed over his glass to him before walking to her mother in law for the same.

He followed her closely behind, watching with something akin to love as she gently enquired his mother, "Dawa leli aapne?" When the old woman nodded, she further asked, "Aur pairon main dard hain toh malish karu?"

His mother noticed Manik standing and shook her head, controlling her laughter as she looked between them and said, "Nahi nahi. Jao jaake mere pote ko joh chahiye woh dene ki kriya shuru karo. Ab rasoi main toh nahi hoga na voh. Verandah se tumhari budhi Maa ko sab jo dikhta hai."

Manik coughed in embarrassment, immediately turning away and walking to their room, feeling Nandini shooting daggers on him for bringing this upon them.

~~~~~

Nandini looked at Manik as he took off the bangles in her wrists carefully. To the outside world, it would have looked like a loving gesture of a husband towards his wife but only Nandini knew that it was just him trying to avoid sounds while they will have coitus so that it wouldn't wake up their children.

"Aapka bohot shukriya. Kitna pyaare hai aap. Ab aap uss taraf muh pher ke sojaye. Shubhratri," Nandini said rhythmically as he was keeping her bangles aside. She turned her back to him, feigning sleep. Nandini felt his gaze boring her back and was surprised when she noticed him turning around.

She looked over her shoulder at him, wondering if he was alright. A few minutes passed by when Manik turned to lay on his back, and smirked as he noticed Nandini staring at him while asking, "Kuch chahiye, Nandini."

Nandini shook her head but continued to stare at him and then placed the back of her palm on his head as she asked, "Aap theek hai na?"

He mumbled a yes, turning back again, refusing to let her think that he couldn't have a grip on his hormones around her. He eagerly decided to wait for her move. On the other hand, Nandini was astonished and even giddy with the thought of having a peaceful sleep tonight. With that thought, she turned away, closing her eyes.

A few minutes passed by and Manik looked over his shoulder, clenching his jaw at finding his wife sleeping. Like a demon, he turned around, jerking Nandini awake when she was about to fall asleep, as his arm wrapped around her waist.

"Ah, tabhi main sochu ki maine aaj kaunsa acha karm kiya joh aap mujhe sone de rahe the," Nandini mumbled as his face to the crook of her neck while his hand was wandering under her kurti. He looked at her with a glare as he defended himself by saying, "Mujhe bhi koi shaunk nahi hain. Bas mujhe toh Aagastya ki fikar hain. Woh Sonu ke Maa Baap mere bache ko aese kaise rula sakte hain."

"Acha, badi fikar nahi hain aapko? Uske janamdin ki tareekh toh bataye zara," Nandini asked him, stifling her smile.

"Zyada na bol. Pata hain mujhe," Manik said, dropping his lips to the corner of her lips. As he was about to kiss her, Nandini pulled away slightly as she said, "Pehle bataaye. Agle bacha chode pehle inka toh pata chale kitna pata hain aapko."

"Pandrah July," Manik said confidently, shocking Nandini as she said, "Aapko toh sach main pata hain."

"Haan toh mere bacho ke baare main mujhe nahi toh aur kisko pata hoga," Manik boasted and Nandini hummed, her eyes closing as his lips made contact with hers, missing the smile on Manik's face as he thanked his luck for getting his guess correct before getting engaged to give their son what he wanted.

~~~~~

An year later, the house echoed with cries of two children.

No, Nandini didn't birth twins.

One was the newborn she gave birth to and the other was Aagastya because he demanded a princess but his mother gave him a prince.

Hi guys! Hope you liked the epilogue. Do vote and comment. Will give you a bonus chapter soon!❤️