Valo spent a few days among the Aesir as Odin made sure he was ready for the task at hand. Either from Odin's mercy or Valo's own will, Valo had no memory of his mother. From the day Odin had taken him were the only memories he had. Valo had made friends with a young Ulfenhednar who had been murdered a while before, Bjornolf. Odin agreed that Bjornolf could return to Midgard with Valo, since the younger had such an attachment to him. Also because Valo would need someone to show him the way in a manner of speaking.

Odin watched as Valo and Bjornolf wrestled in the courtyard of the Great Hall. They had killed each other in sword battles a few times, but like the other warriors of the Great Hall, they came back to life at nightfall. Valo was proving to be a formidable foe. Bjornolf was glad they were on the same side. He was beyond excited that Odin had sent him back. He had a bone to pick with his killers, who were still alive.

A burly man in armor approached Odin and bowed. "Allfather, the boat is ready when you are."

"Superb. See to it they pack supplies and Valo will sail in the early morning. How is his armor coming?" Odin reached forward to touch the subject on the head. The man had been here almost as long as Odin could recall, and he had always been a favorite of Odin's.

"It is ready. Loki has instilled some magic into the armor." The older man accepted a cup of ale from a beautiful attendant, standing up to drink.

"Fantastic. Loki has an attachment to him but he will not admit it. You know Loki shifted into Valo's father so that his mother would give birth. She was holding off her delivery for hours."

"Much like an uncle, eh? Uncle Loki?" The man chuckled. He and Odin shared a laugh and clanged their cups together.

"Valo! Bjornolf!" Odin called, still mirthful in tone. "Come over here, you two."

They dropped their wrestling match and made their way over, smiling at the wise Allfather who smiled down upon them. Odin spoke again, setting down his cup to stand up and walk closer to them. A raven landed on his shoulder and squawked loudly. Odin paid it no attention and clapped both their shoulders. "Your boat and armor are both ready. The supplies are being loaded as we speak. I know you two will make me and your ancestors proud."

Both nodded, Bjornolf grinning wide. "I will find the bastards who killed me and I will make them pay."

Valo slapped Bjornolf in his broad hard chest and laughed, "I will help you, brother. We will make everyone pay!"

Bjornolf yelled in excitement at the promise of a kill. "Yes! Fuck those puny humans!"

Odin could only chuckle, these two were hot blooded, and a credit to their race. "I would be proud to have you both at my side when Ragnarök comes."

Humbled by such a compliment the two calmed their horseplay and bowed. Meanwhile, behind them a horn sounded. Those dead from battle yesterday were coming awake. The giant hogs, killed the night before and their bones dumped by the trees, were also coming alive again as well. It was time for the hunt.

The next morning, Valo and Bjornolf along with a few dozen other men loaded the two long boats provided to them. Both boats were bright and new, decorated with crows heads on stem and stern, and a bright red sail with opposite facing crows in black upon them.

"Go forth, my sons." Odin raised his arms and spoke to the crowd gathered around him. "You will head to a small village near the coast in Greenland. The ravens will lead you there. The village is called Kjarra, the leader is called Virilian. He is a foreigner who usurped the leader before him in a most dishonorable way. He has enslaved young girls and he is cruel to his own mate. The townspeople have made an offering and ask for my help. I think you know what to do with him. Make us and your blood proud and return to me as brave warriors!"