Chapter 22

"Vegas knows, right?"

Nop's expression did not change, but he was silent for a second too long. Pete nodded and turned back to his son.

"He is not a bad person, son."

"I know. Never thought of him as one. He simply has the wrong people around him." Pete's voice was calm even after confirming that the father of his child knew all along.

The small smile on Nop's face went unnoticed, and no one but him knew how big of a rock was lifted off his chest.

His entire life, Macau was Vegas' reason to keep on living and fighting. He never allowed negativity to pass nearby the boy. But now Nop knows that there are two more people Vegas is going to fight with his life to protect.

"Have you thought of a name yet?" Nop stated to lead Pete back the medical ward, slowly while holding his arm and making sure he's careful with his steps.

"I did not. Always somehow avoided it." He was laughing, a little embarrassed. "Any ideas, grandpa?"

Nop stopped. Staring wide eyed at Pete. "Grandpa?" The bodyguard's voice was quiet, shocked.

"Yes, I want you to be his grandfather. You are the best for the role." Pete's smile was blinding, and he knew that the old man was trying his best to keep it together. Nop did not have a family, only Vegas and Macau who he saw as his own. Suddenly hearing that someone wants him as part of the family was something he never dared to dream of.

"Ah, well... What- what about Venice?" His voice was shaking. He did think of this name long ago, it was the city Vegas always found comfort it. And also to keep the theme of names with the brothers.

"Venice? Like the city?" Pete was a little confused. He did like the sound of the name, but was curious to know why Nop chose this one.

"It's Vegas' comfort place. Just like you and the boy." Pete halted his moves. He raised his face to look at Nop. He could clearly see the age on his face, the tiredness, stress, sadness and happiness. He was happy. Not for himself, but for Vegas. "He finally found what he was looking all these years in Venice- the feeling of belonging. The feeling of loving and being loved by someone who is not his little brother. You two are his Venice."

Pete did not even try to hold his tears, he was emotional even without the warm words, but now he was full on sobbing. He himself was lost. He did not know who he was, who loved him and what was his future. He lost the last family he had and was all alone. Porsche and Porchay became his family, even the Theerapanyakul brothers were like his own brothers.

But Vegas, Vegas was all alone. He had Macau and Nop, but still was so alone. Did he really love him? Will he be able to love Venice and not push himself away? Pete could feel a headache forming and decided to stop thinking for now.

"I like it. Venice it is, grandpa Nop."

---

Chay was talking about nothing and everything while chewing on the vegetables Porsche cut for him. He was busy in the kitchen, cooking  lunch and making sure that everything had enough spices in it.

"He named the baby Venice, that's actually a pretty name." Chay said happily, helping his brother with the salads.

"He did? Without telling me? Tsk and he calls himself my friend." Porsche acted as if he was mad, but he was already planning to order something with the name on it.

"Have you seen Kim? It's been a while since I last saw him." Chay suddenly said, making his brother stop and think. When was the last time he saw the youngest Theerapanyakul?