CARTIER

Cartier S.A or commonly known as "Cartier" is a French luxury jewelery and watch manufacturer. The company continued to use the Cartier name even though since 1964 control of this company was no longer in the hands of the Cartier family. Cartier is known as a famous jeweler. Among the jewelery that Cartier has made is the "Bestiary" (miniature beast jewelry). Cartier's finest pieces include the Panthère (leopard) brooch from the 1940s made for Wallis Simpson), a diamond necklace made for Bhupinder Singh Maharaja of Patiala, and the "Santos", the first practical watch in 1904. Office Cartier SA's headquarters are in Paris.

The company has a long and prestigious history as a maker of jewelery for royalty, as well as stars and celebrities

The company has a long and prestigious history as a maker of jewelery for royalty, as well as stars and celebrities. The Prince of Wales once hailed Cartier as "Joaillier des Rois, Roi des Joailliers" (Jeweler of Kings, King of Jewelers). Cartier had received an order for 27 tiaras for the coronation ceremony. King Edward VII was crowned in 1902, and as tribute to Cartier, he issued a royal warrant in 1904 designating Cartier as the official purveyor of the British Royal Court.Similar warrants soon followed were issued by the courts of Spain, Portugal, Russia, Siam, Greece, Serbia, Belgium, Romania, Egypt, and finally Albania, as well as from the House of Orléans and the Principality of Monaco.

Similar warrants soon followed were issued by the courts of Spain, Portugal, Russia, Siam, Greece, Serbia, Belgium, Romania, Egypt, and finally Albania, as well as from the House of Orléans and the Principality of Monaco

History
Under the Cartier family

Cartier was founded in Paris in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier after he took over his employer's workshop. In 1874, his son Alfred Cartier took over the administration of the company, but the Cartier brand was not recognized worldwide thanks to the efforts of Alfred's sons Louis, Pierre and Jacques.

In 1904, the pioneering Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont complained to his friend Louis Cartier that his pocket watch was unreliable and impractical to fly. While driving the plane, his hands still have to hold the wheel. Every time he wanted to check the time, he had to take out a pocket watch from his pocket.

Cartier designed a flat watch with a distinctive square bezel. This watch made by Cartier is not only liked by Santos-Dumont, but also by many other Cartier customers. From this timeless design, the "Santos" model was born, which was also the first wristwatch for men. Patek Philippe was the first watch maker, but one time only and for a woman.