LOUIS VUITTON

Louis Vuitton is a French luxury goods company and fashion house founded in 1854 by Louis Vuitton. The LV monogram is printed on almost everything from luxury luggage and animal skin goods to ready-to-wear, shoes, watches, jewelry, accessories, sunglasses and books. Louis Vuitton is one of the world's leading international fashion houses. LV sells its products through its own boutique, outlets in department stores and through its website.

For the sixth year in a row (2006–2012), Louis Vuitton was named the world's most valuable luxury brand

For the sixth year in a row (2006–2012), Louis Vuitton was named the world's most valuable luxury brand. Its valuation in 2012 was US$25.9 billion. While its valuation in 2013 was US$28.4 billion with revenues of US$9.4 billion. The company operates in 50 countries with more than 460 stores worldwide.

History
The beginning to World War II

The Louis Vuitton label was founded by Vuitton in 1854 on Rue Neuve des Capucines in Paris, France. Louis Vuitton started by selling products for $10,567. Louis Vuitton observed that HJ Cave's Osilite suitcases stacked easily. In 1858, Vuitton introduced the flat-top trunk in trianon canvas, making it light and tight. Before the introduction of Vuitton luggage, cases at that time usually had a convex top, generally to prevent water from pooling on top, preventing them from being stacked on top of each other. The new gray Trianon canvas suitcase made by Vuitton is flat topped, so it can be easily stacked on top of one another when on the move. Many luggage manufacturers then imitate the style and design of Vuitton.

The company also participated in the 1867 Exposition Universelle in Paris. In 1871, Ōyama Iwao became Vuitton's first Japanese client, and ordered some baggage while living in Paris as military attache in the Franco-Prussian War. To protect the design from duplication, Vuitton changed the Trianon design to a cream and brown striped design in 1876. In 1885, the company opened its first outlet in London, to be precise on Oxford Street. A little later, because imitations of his designs were still common, in 1888, Vuitton created the Damier Canvas pattern, which was accompanied by a logo that read "marque L. Vuitton déposée", meaning "registered trademark of L. Vuitton". In 1892, Louis Vuitton died and the management of this company was passed on to his son.

After Louis died, Georges Vuitton began a campaign to build the company into a global company, exhibiting the company's products at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. In 1896, the company launched Monogram Canvas and patented it worldwide. Its graphic symbols, including the quatrefoil and flowers (as well as the LV monogram), are based on the trend of using Japanese Mon designs during the late Victorian era. The patent was also successful in stopping counterfeiting. In the same year, Georges visited several cities in the United States, such as New York, Philadelphia and Chicago, to sell Vuitton products. In 1901, the Louis Vuitton Company introduced the Steamer Bag, a small bag designed to be stored in a suitcase made by Vuitton.

In 1913, the Louis Vuitton Building opened on the Champs-Elysees. The building also became the largest travel equipment store in the world at that time. Other stores later opened in New York, Mumbai, Washington, London, Alexandria, and Buenos Aires before World War I broke out. In 1930, the official Keepall bag was introduced. During 1932, LV introduced the Noé bag. The bag was originally created for champagne sellers to carry bottles. A little later, the Louis Vuitton Speedy bag was also introduced. Noé and Speedy bags are still in production today. In 1936, Georges Vuitton died, and his son, Gaston-Louis Vuitton, continued to lead the company.