DIOR

Dior is a French luxury goods manufacturer controlled and led by French businessman Bernard Arnault, who also heads LVMH, the world's largest luxury goods manufacturer. Dior itself holds 42.36% of the shares and 59.01% of the voting rights of LVMH. Sidney Toledano has been CEO of Dior since 1997.

The company was founded in 1946 by Christian Dior

The company was founded in 1946 by Christian Dior. Dior currently designs and sells leather products, fashion accessories, footwear, jewellery, watches, perfumes, cosmetics and skin care products, as well as maintaining its traditions as a creator of haute-couture through its Christian Dior Couture division. The Christian Dior brand is primarily used for products aimed at women, while products aimed at men use the Dior Homme brand, while the baby Dior brand is used for products aimed at children. Dior products are sold through its retail outlets around the world, as well as through online stores.

HistoryEstablishment

History
Establishment

Dior was founded on December 16, 1946 at 30 Avenue Montaigne in Paris. However, Dior celebrates "1947" as its opening year. Dior is supported financially by businessman Marcel Boussac. Boussac initially invited Dior to design at Philippe et Gaston, but Dior declined, as he wanted to start his own brand, rather than revive an old one. A new couture house became part of "a vertically integrated textile business" which Boussac had operated. The capital at that time was FFr 6 million and employed 80 people. Even this company is something new for Boussac, because "most of Dior's shares are held by Boussac Saint-Freres S.A". Even so, Dior had many opportunities to play an active role in this company, including being able to lead this company, get an allotment of non-controlling shares, and get a third of the company's profits before being taxed. Even though Boussac is known as someone who likes to organize. Dior's creativity also made him a good salary.

" New Look "

On 12 February 1947, Christian Dior unveiled its first fashion collection for the spring and summer of 1947. A show of "90 models from his first collection with six mannequins" was held in the salon at Dior's headquarters at 30 Avenue Montaigne.[4] Initially, the two product lines were named "Corolle" and "Huit". However, the new collection went down in history as the "New Look" after Harper's Bazaar editor-in-chief Carmel Snow stated, "It's such a new look!" The New Look was a revolutionary era for women's clothing in the late 1940s. When the collection was shown, the editor-in-chief also stated "It's quite a revolution, dear Christian!"  Christian Dior's first collection is said to have revived the French fashion industry. In addition, the New Look brought back the spirit of haute couture in France, as it was considered luxurious and suitable for young people. "We were witness to a revolution in fashion and to a revolution in showing fashion as well." Her silhouette is characterized by a top that snaps close to the waist, as well as a bottom in the form of a skirt that extends below the knees, greatly accentuating the bust and hips, as seen in the 'Bar' outfit from the first collection. The collection generally represented stereotypical feminine designs, as opposed to the popular fashions of the time, which consisted of long skirts, tight waists and smooth shoulders. Dior retained some masculine aspects during their popularity in the early 1940s, but he also wanted to incorporate more feminine styles.