Hanahaki

au: Minho loved Chan...

He loved him with all his heart...

But the problem was...

Chan didn't love him back...

TW: death, angst, blood, slight swearing

Ship: Minchan (Minho X Chan)

"Minho! Get your ass up! We're gonna be late!", Chan yelled and Minho groaned. He didn't want to get up. He wanted to sleep like it was no tomorrow. He wanted his pain to die.

"MINHO!", he eventually gave up and sat on the couch, which he was sleeping on. He stretched his back only to hear some cracking sounds and got up, trembling a little. Chan only sighed. "I wait outside."

Minho nodded and went towards the bathroom to wash his face. Then he went to his room to pick some clothes. Wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, a pair of white socks with light pink lines on them, and a pair of white Nike sneakers, he was ready.

Chan had already started the car and damn he looked just so hot for Minho. His hand veins showing off with the black T-shirt with rolled-up sleeves were just making Minho want to confess and die.

Yes, Minho loved Chan to most...

Minho blushed lightly and sat in the passenger seat. He mumbled a 'sorry' and buckled the seatbelt. Chan shook his head which made Minho kinda upset.

Minho liked Chan. But Chan didn't even talk to him unless it was with force or urgent. So Minho knew he wouldn't love or at least like him back.

He knew Chan was straight. Or was he? He knew that he was gay as well. But who would care?

Minho was probably that piece of trash that everyone threw out after using it. Minho always was. Having fake friends and abusing parents. Hmm, didn't make it a lot easier did it?

"Ahmm...", he hesitated. Chan looked at him with a blank face and cold eyes.

"W-where are we going?", Minho asked.

"Today's your birthday isn't it?", Chan said. Minho was confused. His birthday? He took out his phone to check the date and his calendar.

It was his birthday. Chan chuckled. "You forgot your birthday?"

Now Minho was embarrassed. "I never celebrated my birthday. So I thought it wasn't a big deal."

Chan... was shocked. His roommate hasn't celebrated his birthday in his life? Not even once?

"Why not?", he questioned. "Well, no one really cared about it so... I stopped thinking about it."

Chan sighed. If only he knew, he would prepare something better.

"Well, now we can celebrate it. We both. Together."

Together

That was a word Minho needed to hear. Celebrating his birthday for the first time was exciting. What didn't make it exciting anymore was...

Minho was a goner...

Minho would die on that day...

On his birthday...

And Chan will never know after that day...

If he has to wear a black suit...

Or a cheering cloth...

Chan stopped the car as they arrived. Before Minho could go out of the car, Chan came near and blindfolded him. His breathing tickling Minho.

Minho got out and walked out somewhere with Chan's help. Suddenly, every memory crashing into his head.

Kids blindfolded him and made him follow them. Then they all threw toys at him and pour paints on his hair and head. The blindfold slowly going down, The blood dripping from his nose. The kids kicking him.

he stopped. Tears streaming down. And Chan saw him dumbfounded. Why was Minho crying? Oh, he remembered. Minho always got bullied. Chan's mother was Minho's teacher and she always talked out everything that had happened that day. Everything...

Chan wasn't a bad person. He knew what kids did to Minho. He wasn't going to hurt him.

Minho sat down. Sweat and tears falling down none stop. Chan sat on his knees and pulled Minho on his lap.

"Hey sweetie, I need you to breath for me ok?", Minho shook his head.

"No... no. You're like others, right? You're going to beat me up like they did am I right? You hate me as much as they do huh?", Minho managed to say all these through the sobs.

Chan shook his head. "I'm not gonna hurt you, sweetheart. Just breathe for Channie. I've got a good surprise for you. You can take the blindfold off if you want to.", Chan said, his heart aching as he saw Minho breaking down. In front of him! Minho fucking broke down in front of him! IN FRONT OF CHAN!

Minho nodded. He stood up and whipped off his tears. His sobs stopped and he was just sniffling now.

***

Minho tasted blood in his mouth. He didn't care about it much. "He doesn't hate me", that was what he was thinking about. That Chan didn't hate him. Yesterday was his birthday and Chan had the best birthday present for him. Well the only birthday present he ever had, still the best.

Chan brought Minho to the beach that was near a small wald. They parked the car in the parking lot, which was a medium-sized building in the wald and headed to the beach. And they had so much fun.

Minho leaned down and spit in the toilet. The spit was red and the saliva rushing down from his mouth was as red. Minho felt something rushing up and was ready to throw up. But except for any disgusting looking vomit, he threw up a bunch of heracleum persicum in the color of pink, red, purple and yellow.

He teared up as he heard sligh knocking. "Minho! Are you ok?", Chan yelled from the other side of the door. Minho was speech less. He didn't knew what to do. The fact that he didn't die yesterday and he was dying today made it even worse. Because now he knew that Chan didn't hate him and that made his love to him grow even more.

Minho opened the door and fell on his knees. "I'm sorry..", he mumbled. Chan gasped.

"Sweetie, hey what... what happened?"

"Chan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I love you. I know that you don't love me back and because of this one-sided love I've had hanahaki for that past few months. I'm so sorry. I know that I'm dying right now so, I'm telling you all this."

"Fuck Minho! Why... why did you...", Chanwasn't able to finish his sentencce as Minho's limp body fell on the ground. Chan kneeled down, tears streaming down his face. He was sobbing and shaking. He shook Minho. "Minho please, Min! Min I beg you don't do this to me! I swear Minho... Minho..."