Mother

AU: They just wanted to joke, none of these were planned

TW: angst, character death, health issues (like a lot)

A/N: yes I'm obsessed with character death, any problem with that? If yes tell me in the comments if no tell me in the comments :) Btw I hate hospitals but there is hospital parts :(

Ship: SKZ X Minho

Straykids is a 4th Gen K-pop boy group with loads of fans. Lee Know, also known as Lee Minho, is the main dancer of that group. He also was a visual, as well as the other seven members, and had an angelic voice, as did the others.

Some STAYs thought Minho could play the 'mom' role in the SKZ family because he cooks, helps the other members, worries, doesn't show how much he is hurt, tries to keep others safe and happy, and does everything a mother would do for their kids.

It wasn't wrong at all. Some even started shipping Minho and Bangchan, as Chan had a father-like behavior to the members. I take that back, it wasn't a good idea to mention that Minho was the mom of the group. I'll tell you why.

A few months after the members noticed the fan-pages on TikTok, instagram, or twitter talking about Minho having the mom role, the members decided to joke with him every time they could. Chan, being the 'cool dad' he was, didn't say no.

Although they didn't know saying these jokes would make Minho feel uncomfortable, unsafe, worried, anxious, and more of these negative feelings. Well, they didn't bother to think about. They thought it will be cool to prank the 'worried mom' with stupid amd worrying jokes.

--- SEPTEMBER 5. 2023 ---

Minho walked in his room. He saw a note on the desk but didn't bother to look. He went to the bathroom and showered. He changed into comfy clothes and went towards the desk. He opened the note and for a second, he thought his heartbeat stopped.

Dear Minho

I'm sorry for every trouble I caused

I really wanted to be a good band-mate

Just so you know, I never hated you

But I' leaving

Leaving the world

Please don't cry, ok?

ily, Seungmin

Minho, although did cry. Even more. He ran to the door and when he opened it, he saw all of the members laughing of how silly their joke was, not caring that they broke the second oldest.

Minho didn't like their jokes at all. He could never forgive them for making these, yet he did. He was a soft hearted boy, he loved his members and he loved taking care of them. He though, knew he wasn't able to take care of them for long.

One day, Minho stayed longer for practise. Well, nothing new. After half an hour, he started breathing heavily. He couldn't get air. He thought it was jut because practising hard and a lot. But it wasn't. It got worse as he couldn't handle the pain.

He called the manager and he picked him up. He told Minho they're going to the hospital for check-up. The answer they got... wasn't what they ecpected.

--- Present time ---

Minho was sitting on the couch. The members still joking around and making him worried. He was sick, and the members didn't even ask him why he stopped practising longer. They didn't ask him if he was ok, they didn't ask him if he was going through somehting or not.

The only thing they asked was... nothing.

'Do they even care if I die? I mean the doctor said today or in this week I'll be dead. The stupid sickness! The doctor said with this sickness, people usually last for 5 years. Am I that week that I'm going to die within six month. Pathetic.'

"Minho, why are you zoning out?", Chan's voice echoed through his ears.

'That's it. It's gonn happen now isn't it? I'm dying and they didn't even notice.'

"Eh, Chan... guys, I have something to tell you."

"What's up?", Changbin asked.

"So you know how STAYs have been saying that I'm the mother of the group? Well, you guys kinda annoyed me with your jokes. But that's not the point.", already everyone was feeling guilty.

"Let's go witht he easier way", Minho sighed. "You see, a mother's job is to protect her in this case for me his children and-", he looked at Chan. "-husband. But what  I'm trying to say is that this job will end some day."

"Minho-"

"Let me finish Innie. The fact that I've been less workaholic and none of you noticed broke my hard becasue that wasn't my usual self. And the fact that I've been seck for a month and none of you noticed broke my heart even more."

"You've been... sick?", Chan's heart broke and Minho felt the way his (Minho's) body wasn't having it. He had to lay down and let it happen.

"I've had a l- lung cancer for a month now", Minho was breaking down into tears and other gasped.

"It can cause death... after 5 years, but my condition was worse. I didn't know I had it for five months and it just became 6 months of having cancer. Plus, dancing and singing none-stop mde it even harder for me to stay.", he took a deep breath.

"I suddenly had low blood sugar and once, when manager-nim and me were talking abou these stuff, i had a small heart attack. I'm sorry that... you are knowing this now but... I was just stru- struggling to how to... how to tell you"

"See, it's my end ok? You can't help with it. And I'm sorry. I had to do better and be better. I'm awfully dissapointed of my mysel-"

Chan hugged him

Changbin joined

and everyone else hugged their beloved member, crying.

"Hyung- you just want us to stop right?", Felix hiccuped.

"Hyung you joking... you just want to get back to us", Hyunjin sobbed.

Chan looked dissapointed of himself.

Changbin looked guilty.

the 00' line were crying their eyes out.

I.N was sobbing into Minho chest.

Minho smiled. "Boys boys... shhh calm down"

"I knew it will happen..."

"At last every mom will leave you"

Guys please appreciate your parents

They do so much to see you reaching success

It will really hurt if you lose one of them

I hope you and your family stay safe🥰