Chapter 6

A stupid tour ends up in flames

I was guided out of the room and out in a hallway.

"This is the hallway to the offices and interrogation rooms." Tony said like I was an idiot. I rolled my eyes.

"Look, why can't I just go? I didn't do anything." I asked.

"You ran away when we wanted to ask you a few questions, that brings suspicion about you. And you escaped from the helicarrier." Natasha argued. I sighed, of course I had escaped them, but still... I had reason to escape.

"But why do I have to see the Avengers Compound or whatever you called it? If you show me around, there's a higher chance that I'll be able to escape again." I said puzzled and shrugged. 

"He's... actually got a point..." Tony said.

Clint groaned. "That's true. The kid's got a point."

"I'm not a kid." I growled. 

Clint raised his hands in defeat, "Sorry." 

"Then what?" Tony asked.

"We take him to an isolated cell." Natasha said and grabbed my arm tightly.

"Uhm no you don't." I argued as she dragged me along. "Hey let go miss." She didn't answer me, but just dragged me down the hallway. The rest of the Avengers followed us.

She opened a door to our left and walked inside with me and her friends. The hair on my arms rose and I got chills. The room was dark and when Steve tried to turn the light on it didn't work. The clicking sound from the switch sounded with a few seconds of pauses in between.

"Uh... The light doesn't work." Steve said dumb. 

"No shit Sherlock." Tony sighed. "I'll go fix it." I looked at him and saw him leave.

"Is it normal that the light doesn't work here?" I asked.

"Nope, usually it works perfectly fine."

"Hm." My eyes investigated the dark. It reminded me of when Annabeth and I were down there... With Bob.

"I'm going after Tony to help him." Clint announced and left. I swallowed. 

"So... what now?" I asked and looked at my capturers. 

"I have no idea; we can't really throw you into a cell if we can't see a thing." Steve explained, I nodded to it and stared into the darkness again. I squinted my eyes at a bright light at the end of the hallway.

"Great, let's go since Tony fixed it." Natasha said and began walking. I stared at the light and slowly my eyes adjusted to it. I stopped walking and stumbled a bit since Natasha kept walking.

"What now?" There was a bit of annoyance in her voice.

"Something's wrong." I spoke and squinted my eyes at the light. It wasn't from a lamp on the wall or in the loft. It was more like a fire, that was moving closer to us. Sometimes the fire died down, but then a few seconds after it would appear again. What was making it? I had no idea... I frowned. If it was a monster from Greek mythology, then there were a few options of who it could be... None of them looked good. Actually there were only two options, either that thing were Campe, some sort of fire breathing half dragon half human, or it was the Chimera. None of those options were good options. But there were also Hephaestus, but the chances at it being him was most likely zero.

"Uhm, miss Natasha, could you perhaps let me out of these handcuffs?" I asked politely and held my hands out. She looked at me with a stunned expression. "Please?"