Chapter 24

Now a legend

I stared at the shroud. I didn't know how to feel. It wasn't like I knew him personally. But he was after all my girlfriend's ex. She still cared for him. I didn't know how to feel about his death. I felt slightly guilty, that's what I was sure of. But was I sad? Happy? How was I feeling? It felt like I had a robe around my neck that kept tightening every time I thought of his death and the reason why he died. It was unfair. It could easily have been me. It could have been me who was obliterated into dust, by Zeus. I clenched my hands. After the shroud had been burned, I would have to go back to Olympus. I would sit with Apollo and Hypnos; I would sit with Athena and Psyche. They would help me extract memories that I don't remember. They would help me remember. Two days ago, I was being controlled. Apollo helped me endure it and from it and with Hypnos' - my father's - help, we learned that Uranus had been controlling us. We had figured he might go back to Earth, to reunite with his love. And if that was true, then we were all doomed. Percy was no longer here, and none of us were as powerful as him. The Gods would probably help us try to defeat him, but we still needed Percy. If he wasn't here, there was a good chance that we might lose the fight against the primordial.

I was told that once, Percy had died and then he crashed his own funeral. Was it bad that I hoped he would do it again? Was I a terrible person? I had been mad at Percy, not because I hated him, but I hated that my girlfriend still had feelings for him. Even though she kept telling me she loved me, I could still see that she loved Percy very much. And that stupid demigod returned the feelings, but he didn't act on them. He knew she had 'moved on'. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

I looked at the shroud. It was a nice sea green color; it would have matched his eyes if he were still here. In the middle of it a magnificent trident was sewn into the pattern. It looked pretty epic. There were also handsewn waves into it. It looked amazing. The weather was also great. The sun was shining, and the sky was blue. I guess Zeus had thought he'd be nice. The waves crashed softly almost sadly into the shore.

Every person that had showed up, did not wear black, for a fact, everyone who had showed up, wore something that somehow was linked to Percy. Something that would remind of him. The mortals - The Avengers Percy had befriended - all wore a necklace with two waves on and a trident. They stared sadly at the shroud. Sally who I had learned was Percy's mother, wore a full blue dress along with Paul who wore a blue suit and Estelle who had a white shirt on and a blue skirt. She was holding a single blue flower in her hand. I recognized it as a Forget Me Not. It was such a beautiful flower.

The demigods wore either blue clothes or they held something that represented Percy.

His cyclops brother, Tyson I think his name was, stood next to Poseidon who stared sadly at the shroud. We didn't even have a body. Zeus had turned Percy to dust. He had said that the wind carried him away.

I myself wore a blue buttoned up shirt that was stuck into my black pants. I didn't know Percy personally, but in the short amount of time that I knew him, I had grown to like him. I just hated that I didn't see past the fact that my girlfriend still loved him. I bet we could have been great friends.

They say his fatal flaw was personal loyalty. If it really was that, then Zeus should be ashamed of himself. That is probably why the God did not show up. He was too embarrassed to show his sorry face. I glanced around at the people who had showed up. Percy's family was here. The Avengers. The remaining Seven demigods. Chiron and most of the Olympians (Only Zeus did not show) and the whole Camp Half-Blood and some from Camp Jupiter. Grover Underwood was standing near the shroud, holding Juniper's hand as silent tears crawled down his cheeks. Juniper looked at Grover and tried to comfort him while she herself cried. It was quite amazing to watch. So many people had known Percy, and they all cared for him. Some more than others, but they cared. If it were me, only Annabeth might show for my funeral and that's if I'm lucky.