Chapter 12

Imagine the drink is my life

The way to the renovated Avengers Tower was long. Not because of the distance, but because Tony and Clint kept bothering Nathan and I, asking stupid questions such as "How did you arrive to New York without any public transportation?" and "Why are you here, Nathan? I thought we agreed you wouldn't interfere." I was honestly getting quite tired and annoyed of them. All I wanted was to go back to camp, to be told I had been wronged. But I guess that wouldn't happen any time soon. I had been banished. Worst. Day. Of. My. Life.

W.D.O.M.L. that's my new motto. Insert smiley face.

I glanced up at the large building. It was impressive, though not as impressive as anything Annabeth could build - Gosh Annabeth. Did she know about this? That I had been banished? Of course, she would defend me, right?

I followed the group inside, the inside of the building was even prettier than the outside, the furniture - Gods I hoped Big Bear hadn't destroyed the new furniture at the bar - wallpaper, everything screamed classy and rich. Then again, Tony Stank was a billionaire. We moved towards an elevator, and I swallowed nervously. My relationship with elevators wasn't exactly the best... Usually it ended up in me having a flashback of when Annabeth and I went to Tartar Sauce. Gosh, I love that name. Though not the primordial himself. He was an asshole.

"You, okay?" Nathan asked and eyed me and the elevator. I shrugged. Was I? I don't think I've been okay since I was 12. And even then, I was having a hard time with Smelly Gabe and bullies (ahem Nancy) at school.

"I don't know. Still not a fan of elevators." I murmured; my palms were starting to become sweaty.

Nathan placed a hand on my shoulder, which was unusual. He wasn't a fan of physical contact. "I'll help ground you." He spoke. I nodded.

"Thanks."

"Always." A small smile appeared on his face and we both joined the Avengers in the elevator. I moved to the side and grabbed the metal railing and took a deep breath.

"How far up are we going?" I asked and fixed my eyes onto the floor. My heart was starting to beat slightly faster than usual.

"Floor 43." Came Tony's answer. My heart sank. We were on level one. We had to move up 42 levels. Two feet walked over and stood in front of me, the points of the persons feet were pointing towards me.

"Take a deep breath." I heard Nathan's voice say. I did as I was told and took a deep breath.

"Is he okay?" Someone asked.

"He's fine. Just press the button." Came Nathan's cold answer. The person must have done as he said, because only five seconds later the elevator began to move up. I clenched my hands around the metal bar and pressed myself against the wall. I closed my eyes tightly, the images of Tartar Sauce haunting me.

"Open your eyes, Perce." A male voice spoke. "Look at me and take a deep breath." I opened my eyes and slowly looked up at Nathan, his dark eyes were boring into mine. Though he hid it well, I could skim the worry in his eyes. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. My hands were sweaty, and I felt like throwing up. I could smell the sour smell of the pit.

"How many floors left?" Nathan asked over his shoulder, never breaking eye contact with me.

"Eh, one, two, three, four..." Clint's voice counted.

"33." Tony answered, interrupting Clint who made an annoyed sound.

"Okay. Deep breath again, Perce." Nathan blinked. I took a deep breath and filled my lungs with the sour air. Then slowly exhaled. He nodded approvingly.