Chapter 11

I foresee the future by accident

Chiron crossed his arms and looked at me with an annoyed expression. I looked down at my hands that was fiddling with the end of his shirt.

"It's not funny." Chiron broke the silence. It felt as if I was carrying the Sky on my shoulders again. "You lit the stables on fire. Campers and pegasi got hurt." My mentor continued. "What were you thinking?" He asked.

I looked up for the first time since I arrived in the Big House. Chiron's face was no longer friendly. He was mad. Mad at me.

"I didn't light the stables on fire..." I began to argue, but Chiron had had enough.

"Zip it!" He made a zipping emotion with his hand. "This is where you zip it! You come back after two years to help us. Then the first thing you do is light the stables on fire!" His tail made a swishing sound as it moved.

I swallowed. "Chiron, I..."

"No. I thought you knew how to act around here. If you didn't come back for us, but only to cause chaos, please leave. You are not allowed back at camp until you learn to behave." The centaur crossed his arms with a stern look on his face.

"What? No! I risked so much to get here to help you guys!" I exclaimed loudly and stood up. "You can't just send me away!"

"Yes, I can! Until you learn how to act around here at camp, you are banished from Camp Half-Blood!" Chiron yelled. I stared at him. I swallowed a lump in my throat and fought the tears from falling.

"Okay," I whispered and turned around. I walked over to the door and opened it then froze in the doorway. "Next time if you need my help..." I spoke slowly with my back to the centaur. "I will help, because of my fatal flaw..." I looked over my shoulder. "But in reality, I'd rather leave you in the dirt." I spoke and walked out the door and closed it behind me.

Chiron's eyes failed him as the sadness took over.

Somehow, I hailed a cab to go back to New York. It was random that it drove by, but I didn't really care. All I needed was to be alone. I had blacked out again. It had happened twice now. When I was with Blackjack and then when I was walking away from Thor.

I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. Now I was banished from camp. I couldn't enter camp anymore until I learned how to behave... When I had been standing on the hill at the borders of Camp, I had tried to get my hand inside the borders again, but it hit a wall. I was really banished.

I had nowhere to go. I couldn't go home to my mom. I just couldn't. I'd break down if I did. I didn't have a home at camp. I couldn't go back to Manchester; the Avengers would just follow me. I sighed and looked out the window of the cab. I was tired of running away. I had finally found peace in Manchester only for everything ruining that.

The phone in the cab rang and the driver took it. I rolled my eyes at the driver exchanged a few words with the person, before looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"It's for you." He told me and held the phone out to me. I reached over and grabbed it and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Percy! Thank the Gods!" Big Bear's voice sounded. A smile broke out on my face.

"What's up, Big Bear?"

"Not much..." He hesitated. "Nathan came back home yesterday..."

"Oh." I swallowed. "Is he okay?"

"Well... Yeah, but he's worried about you. As his so-called bodyguard, he can't just leave you behind. He wanted to know if you were okay." The Big Guy explained. His voice was nervous.