CHAPTER 2. - BUNK-MATES

MAXS POV
I groaned and got out of the car as Billy, my older brother, parked it. I grabbed my red backpack and stomped off too Nancy Wheeler. My brother would always call her a sl#t for some reason. But she was pretty nice. " Oh! Hey Max! Your in Cabin- " Nancy's peppy voice said as she looked at the clipboard. "- cabin 6! With me and Robin. You can go unpack, your the first one here so you can chose any bunk. " I smiled and mumbled a thanks before walking off to the cabins. I looked at the girls side of the campground. I counted the cabins until I stood in front of cabin 6. I rolled my head back and went up the short steps onto the porch. I opened the door, shutting it with a little force so it closed all the way. I looked too the left side of the cabin, I set my bag beside the bottom bunk, unzipping my red zip up hoodie and throwing it on the bed. I took off my Walkman and set that on the bed too. I flopped down and soon two girls came in. I recognized them from school, it was the prissy popular girls who think everyone likes them when in reality everyone is just scared of them. Their names were Stacy and Angela. I rolled my eyes and they looked a bit disgusted at me, they started whispering and giggling while they set up their stuff on the bunks on the other side of the cabin. I got up and walked out the door, pretending to tuck my hair behind my ear while secretly flipping them off. They definitely saw because I heard gasps as I slammed the door. I put my hands in the pockets of my Jean shorts. I went to the lobby and started talking to Robin and Steve, who were gathering files. Soon another friend- or, maybe friend? We are sorta frien-emeies. His name is Mike Wheeler, I waved and we started trashing on eachother. Soon his friends Lucas, Dustin and Will came. I went into the main part of camp, and socialized with some other friends. I waited impatiently for them to announce something, but as I looked over, I saw Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will. Mike had some girl basically wrapped around his arm. I had no clue who she was, she looked zoned out but then mike snapped her out of it. The girl was— pretty? I guess. Soon Steve started making an announcement, and I didn't pay attention. But, it's not like he said anything interesting. Soon I saw the girl who was with Mike go into a cabin. Huh, I guess we were cabin mates. At least I'm not stuck with another prissy girl, unless she was one, that is. It got late soon and I went into the cabin, The girl was on the top bunk, reading a comic book. She hadn't noticed me so I just went onto my bed to listen to music. And that is what I did.