CHAPTER 4. - MARSHMALLOWS AND A SIDE OF AWKWARDNESS

MAXS POV
I was jamming out to Kate Bush, about to burst into song. But that would be awkward- so I didn't. I was laying on my back, looking at some carvings on the bunk bed from past stayers. It was chilly in here. I heard a loud whistle, jeez. Why were they calling us? I sat up, stopping my music and pulling my headphones down around my neck. I saw a girl come down from the top bunk. I got up as well, walking to the door. Things got weird after that, it was almost like those awkward grocery store moments where you both try to go at once and it's just a mess. She stopped and said " it's okay, you can go. " and I did. I mumbled a thank you, crossing my arms and walking down the cabin steps. We went to the camp and one of Billy's "fan-girls" or whatever, Heather Holloway, began talking. I ignored her, just following whatever other did. I sat down on a log and leaned back a little, crossing my arms. On one side of me, there was a bratty girl, Angela. And the other side, a stalker. That stalker was Lucas Sinclair. I never really figured him out. I didn't care who everyone was, until it came to me. I awkwardly spoke, " uhm- hey. I'm Max Mayfield and I'm 15. " GOD- why are introductions so awkward??? I noticed this girl with brown hair, and deep brown eyes staring at me. Woah, she's actually quite pretty now that her face isn't covered by a comic. I shrugged it off, soon it was finally time to roast s'mores. I got up and grabbed a stick, roasting my marshmallow so it wasn't burnt all the way like fricken Mike wheeler— I mean WHO EATS LITERAL MARSHMALLOWS THAT ARE BASICALLY ASH-COVERED-?! I got some burnt and the rest golden. I took it to Steve and he helped me get graham crackers and chocolate. I sat back down and ate my marshmallow. Thinking of that girl Jane. She was the one staring earlier, then my mind trailed off to Mike and Will. They were being idiots. Like cmon guys, it's so obvious they like eachother. Like mike goes all head over heels every time will breathes his way. And when will isn't around, he's an asshat. Not surprising though. Like just admit your feelings and kiss. It's not that difficult wheeler. I finished my marshmallow, whipping my hands on my pants to get the crumbs off. I put my headphones back on, blasting Kate Bush. Jeez, I couldn't wait for this summer to be over.

( OUT OF STORY: HAHAHAH MAX IS A BYLER SHIPPER — Blair )