CHAPTER 10. - THE SHADOWS

MAXS POV
Max swallowed hard as she looked into the woods. She looked at Jane who was equally petrified. She spoke up " should we— um..go- see what that was? " Max could hardly control her shaky voice. " Yeah— yeah let's go. " They both grabbed the rope they had in the canoe and tied it to a tree near where they left the Canoe. Jane shivered behind max and they both walked around. Leaves crunched under their feet and twigs snapped in the distance. A figure moved in the distance causing both girls to shriek. They ran as fast as they could, but Jane tripped over a large root and screamed. Max sharply turned around, she wouldn't leave her to probably get killed. Max quickly crouched down and picked up Jane bridal-style and continued running. Max layed her in the Canoe and untied it, then hurling herself into it and beginning to paddle away. " Jane! Are you okay?! " Max quickly asked as she breathed heavily from running. " Yeah— Yeah! Thanks for saving me, Max. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't come back. " Jane said, wincing in pain from her ankle that looked hurt from tripping and it getting caught on a Root. " No problem, I just wanted you to be safe. " Max smiled turning back to look at Jane. Max looked deeply into Janes warm eyes trying so so hard to not get lost in them— but failing miserably. FOCUS MAX! She snapped at herself, Max paddled back to the dock and met Robin and a few others, Max was thankful Her and Jane weren't the last ones to arrive. Jane good up and held her arm around Max's shoulder and Max's arm around Janes back for some stability. " Woah! What happened?! " Nancy said with confusion and worry. " Uhm— a lot- " Max started but was cut of by Nancy. "— okay explain later, just take Jane down to the nurse. " Max shrugged and began to help Jane make her way down there.

(( LOLLL I HAVENT UPDATED IN SOOOO LONG BUT HERE YA GO! DW NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER 🫶🏻🫶🏻 ))