ii

A/N: biggest special thanks to @carlito1107 for helping out with the French ‼️🫶

Amelie rolled around her bed tiredly as she waited for her call to go through. But it just rang and rang until she heard Gracie's answer box.

"Hey, it's me. Leave a message, make it hot."

The girl groaned into her phone and laid on her back. "Gracie, it's Amelie. I kind of need to know if you're still willing to let me stay with you when we come back to America? Just because I don't want to get on the... the, um, the flying machine and not have a plan for when I land. Uh, thank you, au revoir."

The door creaked open and Amelie's siblings looked at her in confusion. Why hadn't she moved yet?

They knocked on the door and wall loudly, making the bleached blonde sit up and glare at them. "What do you want?"

"On doit aller à l'aéroport. Maman nous a demandé de vérifier que tu ne dormais pas," Célestin answered. ("We have to get to the airport. Mama told us to make sure you weren't asleep.")

Belle crossed her arms over her chest. "Pourquoi t'es si triste? Miss Americana n'a pas répondu à ton appel encore une fois?" ("Why so sad? Miss Americana not answer your call again?")

"Idiots," Amelie mumbled in English, making them furrow their eyebrows.

"Tu viens de nous insulter?" ("Did you just insult us?")

"Je ne sais pas. À toi de me dire." ("I don't know. You tell me.")

"Je vais le dire à maman," Célestin said before turning out of her room. ("I'm telling Mama.")

Amelie smiled widely at her sister as she rolled off of her bed, landing on the floor before scrambling to her feet. She slipped on her cardigan, flattening out her skirt.

Belle tilted her head at the sight of it and frowned. "C'est le mien?" ("Is that mine?")

The blonde glanced down with a knowing look before raising her head and shrugging. "Peut être. Qui sait?" ("Maybe. Who knows?")

Belle sighed, in no mood to argue, before walking out.

Amelie followed her out with her suitcases and bag, placing the latter on the dining table. The triplets' home was buzzing with laughter and chatter as they packed their bags, ensuring they had a delightful assortment of French treats to share with Gracie upon their arrival.