iv

Amelie groaned awake when an unknown body threw itself on top of her

Amelie groaned awake when an unknown body threw itself on top of her. Gracie came rushing in almost immediately after to apologise, but Amelie silenced her and curled into the fur ball.

"Sorry, he came running up as soon as I took his leash off."

The blonde looked up at her friend with a glare. "Shut up, I'm trying to sleep."

Gracie nodded as Amelie fell back down, standing awkwardly in the door. "Are you sure you-"

Amelie groaned loudly and stood out of bed, frowning when Weenie whined. She walked over to the door, making the singer bite her lip, ready to be scolded like a child.

"Gracie, you know I love you, right?" Amelie asked when there were barely three inches of space between them. Gracie nodded and the latter smiled. "Good. Then you know that however much I love you I love sleep twenty-one times more."

The singer frowned and nodded, blushing when Amelie patted her cheek.

"So you know that you have a choice right now. You either cuddle with us or you shut up and leave."

Grinning, Gracie followed Amelie back to her bed, collapsing next to Amelie. "For the record, I love you too," She murmured in the blonde's ear.

Amelie chuckled and pushed herself further into Gracie, bodies melding together like adjacent puzzle pieces. Amelie fell asleep almost instantly due to Gracie rubbing her waist comfortingly. Gracie fell asleep after her, not noticing as Weenie left the room.

Gracie slowly opened her eyes, rubbing away the last remnants of sleep as she woke up from her nap. Blinking a few times, she found herself slightly disoriented until she noticed a soft hum coming from the TV downstairs. The singer sighed as she trudged downstairs.

A warm feeling washed over Gracie as she saw Amelie there, her shaggy, blonde hair cascading down her shoulders, her eyes reflecting the captivating scenes on the screen. Gracie had always admired Amelie from afar, secretly harbouring a crush on her, but never having the courage to express her feelings.

As Gracie walked over, she noticed that Amelie had prepared a bowl of strawberry mousse they had made together the previous day. Next to the bowl was Weenie, who seemed equally interested in his own treat. Weenie's tail wagged excitedly as he devoured his salmon mousse, leaving a faint trace of the food on his face.

Feeling butterflies in her stomach, Gracie mustered up the courage to speak to Amelie. "Morning, Mimi. Enjoying our mousse and the movie?" she asked, hoping her voice didn't betray her tiredness.

To Gracie's surprise, Amelie turned to her with a bright smile and replied in French, "Bonjour. Oui, elles sont toutes les deux bonnes. Tu dois essayer la mousse." ("Yes, they're both so good. You have to try the mousse.")

Gracie's heart skipped a beat, and a wide grin spread across her face. She knew that when she wasn't paying attention, Amelie would accidentally slip into French and she found it incredibly charming. With a grin, Gracie decided to continue the conversation in English. "How about Weenie? Is he enjoying his mousse?"