Part VI - Answer Me

Published: July 29th, 2023
Words: 1042
_________
{Nobody's PoV}

"M-Muffin.. w-where are you...?" Nadwe mumbled, collapsing to the ground, blood dripping from his chest. He had almost made it to the sanitization room, but he had gotten shot by something.. someone...?

He could feel blood starting to drip from his mouth, his eyelids growing heavier and heavier as he struggled to keep them open. It wasn't a good thought, dying alone. He wanted to see Joocie more than anything, mabye even Muffin..

"NADWE!!" A familiar voice yelled from down the hallway, he thought it was Meme, but would he really bother to look up? Nadwe heard footsteps coming from down the hallway, but his consciousness was fading quickly.

He felt the buttons of his suit being undone and pushed onto his shoulders, the white button up he had underneath now bright red.

"Stay with us, Nad. You'll be okay." Meme said, bandaging Nadwe's chest around the shot wounds. Now it was even harder for him to breathe, he was already choking on his own blood and now his chest felt like it was being crushed by a hydraulic press, but he was thankful for Meme and Tbh.

He was carried back to the room by Tbh, sure it was embarrassing, but it didn't really matter in the situation. Tbh set him down beside Meme and went to investigate what or who shot him.

It was the picture. Whatever had shot him didn't want him to see their faces... that was the only reasonable answer at the moment. He had left as soon as he set down the picture, whatever shot him must have know he saw it.

The faces of the Polus crew were contorted and had black voids for eyes, similar to the results of infected animals. But their faces we covered with eyes.. it didn't look like they were even sentient. Mabye Muffin took the pi- wait. Had he left muffin? Where was he..?

He was alone now, sitting against a glass wall backing on to the medicine storage. His puffy Polus jacket and the suit coat beside him, his two hats laying askew on top of the jackets.

With struggle, he looked in the hats and saw... nothing. Except a few of Muffin's candy wrappers. Nadwe closed his eyes, not wanting this to be real. He just wanted to go back.. back to when he was living with Joocie... when Mirana was happy... when he was happy...

Hey!

"W-What..?"

Yeah! You! Nadwe!!

He opened his eyes and saw Polus, bustling with activity. People dressed in white lab coats, some in purple. He was still sitting where he originally was, but the blood smeared on the glass behind him wasn't there anymore.

"Hey, you alright Nadwe?" A kind voice said, kneeling down to his eye level. He recognized the face.. it was.. it was Socks!

"Cough S-Socks!?" Nadwe said, getting a little blood on Socks's white and purple uniform.

"Haha, you know that children aren't allowed here!" He said, oblivious to the situation. Now that was the Socks he knew. Constantly making fun of his age and size.

"Y-You aren't real.. you're dead... what are you.." Nadwe mumbled, backing up against the wall.

"That's the thing, Nadwe. I'm not real. But Socks is. He isn't dead. Keep trying little dude, you'll get there." He said, walking away. Nadwe really didn't want him to leave, but he fell back into the wall when he tried to get up.

When Socks turned back around at the noise, his face was distorted, just like in the picture. With eyes all over his face, and he kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

"Close your eyes. I'm just a voice inside your head."

"Close your eyes. I'm just a voice inside your head. Close your eyes. I'm just a voice inside your head."

"CloseyoureyesI'mjustavoiceinsideyourheadCloseyoureyesI'mjustavoiceinsideyourheadCloseyoureyesI'mjustavoiceinsideyourhead."

He jolted awake, he needed to tell Blaza about this.. but where was he..? The sharp pain in his chest reminded him that he was in no condition to get up, Meme and Tbh were nowhere to be seen.. and he had lost Muffin.. oh god. Was he just going to sit here for days on end?

"Hey. You okay Nad?" Muffin said, attempting to wake him u- wait.. Muffin!?

"Muffin!? Oh god.. I'm so sorry I dropped you!" He said frantically, cupping Muffin in his hands.

"It's fine! You got shot, I was never going to blame anything on you." He looked around before speaking again, "What did you see?"

"W-What... how did you know...?" Nadwe mumbled, concerned. "It's written all over your face, that's another thing Blaza beats you in other than Mario Kart." Muffin replied sarcastically, but he wasn't wrong.

"You know how Socks is supposedly dead? Well, I don't think he is. It was right here, he even said it himself." Nadwe sighed, relieved to get it off his chest.

Muffin paused for a second, "Did he appear like the people in the picture we saw?" Nadwe nodded. "Hm, distortions of the face and hands are beginning signs of infection, mabye he is infected but his spirit is still alive." Muffin said, more thinking to himself then giving answers.

"What lead you to that conclusion?" Nadwe asked, it was so out of the blue he didn't quite believe him. "Well, I've felt a presence here, something human. I'm sure you've felt it too?" Muffin said, how did he know this? Well, yes. Nadwe had been feeling something here, how was Muffin aware of this?

"Uhm.. well... yeah." Nadwe looked around nervously before asking Muffin how he knew this. "I've had a hunch. Finding warm lightbulbs and fresh blood.. it's obvious something is here." Muffin said to Nadwe, who was shaking a bit.

Muffin realized Nadwe was getting uncomfortable and changed the subject quickly. "So, have you eaten yet? I think I stashed a few snacks in your hats." He said while scrambling out of Nadwe's palm and into the hats, returning with a granola bar and a water bottle.

"It's not much, but you should eat. You're still growing." He said while shoving the food into Nadwe's hands.

"Thank you, Muffin."

Come on.

We're not real

We won't hurt you.
__________

Suhbfyvsivbybrsjh