Part VIII - Conference

Published: September 6th, 2023
Words: 1205
_________
{Nobody's PoV}

Nadwe grew nervous as the minutes dragged on, he knew Blaza told him to go back if he hadn't returned in 30 minutes, but he really didn't want to leave Blaza in potential danger. Sure, he was "just a kid" but he was still capable of helping!

He shifted around nervously as he searched the room, watching the time tick by on his electronic watch. Muffin advised him to go back to the sanitization room as Blaza told him to, but he knew Meme and Tbh weren't there, so he had to help!

"Listen to me Muffin. You're my bestfriend, we've been through everything together. If you're not going to follow me in this, that's fine. But I'm doing this. I can't leave Blaza."

Muffin sighed, and smiled. "You take after Joocie.. alright, I'm with 'ya."

"Nice! Need me to carry you?" Nadwe said, extending his hand for Muffin to climb on. He nodded and clambered onto Nadwe's shoulder.

The two wandered for a few minutes, before seeing the open door with some kind of smoke inside the room, which blocked their view inside. Nadwe's chest ached as he stared into the smoke, telling himself not to go in. His thoughts raced as Muffin eyed the room, trying to see inside, getting extremely close to the door.

"Muffin.. can you see anything in there?" He said, crouching down behind him. Muffin shook his head and tried to step inside again, coughing on the smoke. Nadwe picked him up and walked inside, waving that weird fog away from his face. Muffin hopped off of his shoulder at some point and walked around on top of the shelves, looking at boxes of medications and dusty notepads thrown carelessly around.

"What the hell is all of this.. why is this place in such a bad state?" Nadwe mumbled, walking around the shelves and pulling random things off of shelves and examining them.

Muffin carelessly slid down a meter stick between two shelves to meet Nadwe's eyes, "Watch your language, and don't go grabbing things, you might get hurt."

"I didn't even curse.." Nadwe mumbled, walking further into the room. He noticed another door emitting light, and even more of that smoke. After calling Muffin over, he crouched down and squinted to see something that he couldn't quite identify. He reached down to touch it, much to Muffin's dismay.

"Nad.. that's blood." Muffin paused, letting himself think for a few moments. "I'm pretty positive Blaza went in here, no other doors in this room are open." A rush of emotions took over Nadwe, he didn't quite know how to feel about what he had been told, but he scooped up Muffin and rushed inside the room.

{With Meme and Tbh}

"Man.. I dunno how much longer we'll be able to last in here, mabye a few weeks?" Meme mumbled, going through his backpack for anything useful.

"No, no. We're going to get out of here. Or at least figure out where the fuck we are in the first place." He sighed, searching around the walls in pure darkness as both flashlights had went out a few hours prior.

Meme smiled to himself, shrouded by anxiety of what was to come. At least he wasn't alone, but he felt bad he had dragged Tb into this with his stupidity. He looked over the materials he had in his bag one more time, medical kits, staples, bandages and a dead flashlight. Not like he hadn't gone over these items twelve-thousand times over.

CRASH

"AGH- WHAT THE HELL!?"

Meme jumped up, hearing Tb shout profanities as the lights flickered for a moment, before row by row flashing on. The bright hospital-like lightning hurt the two's eyes, but at least Meme was used to this kind of brightness.

"Hey Tb! You got the lights on! What did you even do-" Meme turned around, seeing Tbh on the ground, still yelling curses while having a hand on his head. A shelf was knocked over with pills, bottles, needles and other supplies scattered on the floor.

He couldn't help but laugh at what happened, Tbh gave him side eye as he stood up and looked at the mess he made. After Meme had (finally) shut up, the two took a look at what the place they had been trapped in was.

It was an extremely large room with two shelves on the sides of one of the doors, one of which Tbh had knocked over. There was a basic wall-hung phone that looked like it had suffered a few throws to the ground. The walls were all glass and they were surrounded what appeared to be individual conference rooms, the same Polus logo plastered on the walls everywhere. Black and red splattered all on the outside of the glass, almost in an orderly fashion as it was in every room.

"What.. is this place..."

"I don't know. But we need to get out of here, and quickly. I get a bad vibe from this room." Tbh said, grabbing Meme's hand and dragging him to one of the locked doors. Now with the lights on, it was much easier to figure out what the buttons were, there was a pinpad and a few miscellaneous buttons.

Meme sighed, seeing the pinpad. They didn't work here, so the two didn't know the code. They could try to guess, but who knows what could happen if they did?

From the other side of the room, they heard a ringing sound. Both people in the room jumped, as the room was dead silent other than the electrical buzz of the lights.

"Is.. that a phone ringing?" Meme looked at Tbh, "Who would be calling this place?"

"I don't know.. we should leave it alone." Tbh said, turning around and examining the pinpad more. Meme ignored him and walked over to to phone, hesitantly watching it ring for a minute before picking it up.

"6-5-1-8-2-7-8-4"

"What?" Meme tried to figure out who's voice it was, but he couldn't pinpoint it.

"6-5-1-8-2-7-8-4. Use it on the pinpad, quick. You're running out of time."

"T-Thank you.." He said, placing down the phone and hurrying over to Tbh, repeating the code in his mind.

"What was the ca-" Tbh was interrupted by Meme shoving him aside, crouching down to the pinpad and inputting the code. He was startled but carefully watched the other finish putting in the code, a sharp squeaking sound came from the doors. Tbh grabbed Meme and pulled him back, watching carefully for any more movement in the door.

After a while, the noise came again and the doors started to slowly creak open. The cogs and metal screeching as they pulled the heavy metal doors open.

With a quick glance at eachother, Meme and Tbh went through the doors, and into a dim hallway, seeming to lead to those conference rooms.

The worst part of it, they heard other voices. The two thought they were alone, but clearly not. Unless it was some kind if recording or broadcast..?

"Meme? Tbh? Blaza? Are you guys here!?"