I Don't Want him, I Want You Lin x reader

The tension between you and Lin had been building up for weeks. Both of you had strong feelings for Tenzin, and it seemed like neither was willing to back down. The air on Air Temple Island felt heavy as the two of you found yourselves face to face, ready to confront each other over your shared affections for the wise and kind airbender.

"I can't believe you're trying to steal Tenzin away from me," Lin said, her voice laced with anger and hurt.

"I'm not trying to steal him away, Lin," you retorted, trying to keep your emotions in check. "We both care about him, but he has a right to make his own choice."

Lin clenched her fists. "It's not that simple. He deserves someone who can understand the weight of his responsibilities as the last airbender and support him through it all."

"And I can do that! I've known Tenzin for a long time, just like you. I've seen him grow and face challenges head-on," you argued, refusing to back down.

The standoff continued for a few more tense moments until you both finally took a step back, realizing that fighting over Tenzin was not the answer. There was something deeper between the two of you, something you hadn't allowed yourselves to acknowledge.

As the dust settled, Lin's expression softened, and she let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. I let my emotions get the best of me."

You nodded, understanding her feelings all too well. "I am too. I don't want to lose our friendship over this."

Lin hesitated for a moment before speaking, her voice quieter and more vulnerable. "You know, I've always admired your strength and compassion. Tenzin is lucky to have someone like you in his life."

Your heart softened at her words, realizing that she was expressing something deeper than just rivalry. "And I've always admired your determination and dedication to your duty as a metalbending police chief."

The realization hit you both at the same time. It wasn't just about Tenzin; it was about the feelings you had for each other. The walls you had built around your hearts began to crumble, allowing the truth to surface.

Lin took a step closer, her eyes searching yours. "Maybe we've been too focused on Tenzin and not paying attention to what's been right in front of us."

You swallowed hard, realizing the depth of her words. "You're right. Maybe we should stop fighting and figure out what this means between us."

Lin nodded, a hint of a smile forming on her lips. "Agreed."

As the tension between you dissolved, a sense of relief washed over both of you. It was as if a weight had been lifted off your shoulders, allowing your true feelings to finally come to the surface.

Taking a step closer, you reached out and gently touched Lin's cheek, the spark of connection between you undeniable. "I don't want to fight with you anymore, Lin. I want to explore what's between us."

Lin's eyes softened, and she leaned into your touch. "I want that too."

With that, you closed the distance between you, your lips meeting in a tender and passionate kiss. It was as if the world around you faded away, leaving only the two of you, finally acknowledging the feelings that had been simmering beneath the surface all along.

As you pulled back, you both shared a knowing smile, knowing that this was just the beginning of something beautiful. The rivalry over Tenzin was forgotten as you embraced the newfound connection between you and Lin, allowing yourselves to explore the love and understanding that had been waiting for its chance to bloom.