Chapter 28

BACK IN SOUTH KOREA

"CAPTAIN!....CAPTAIN....!" A deep voice was heard shouting, that was Detective Hwang. He had just walked in the police station but he was already rushing towards Jin's office.

When he got there, he opened the door without knocking. Finding Jin in there, some documents scattered all over his table.

"FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, WOULD YOU FUCKING KNOCK!!??" Jin yelled. Well that's what the rest of the detectives have been facing. Ever since Jimin went AWOL, all of them have to deal with Jin's yelling and outbursts of anger. He really didn't mean to take it out on them, but he was Finding it hard to deal with Jimin's sudden disappearance. And it was even harder because even Taehyung, who's Jimin's best friend had no idea where the smaller might be.

"Oh...sorry captain, but this was really urgent." Hwang said, already pulling a chair and sitting down. Even though Jin definitely didn't ask him to seat.

"What's so urgent? " Jin asked, sighing frustratedly and transferring all his attention towards Hwang.

"So the, uhm... remember I've been working with some people, trying to locate Detective Park and Jeon Jungkook?" Hwang asked, looking at Jin.

"Oh yeah...by the way. You never mentioned what kind of people you were working with." Jin said, eyeing Hwang suspiciously.

"Ahh just some connections I made in all my years of being a cop. But that's not why I'm here. So I found a lead." Hwang said, with his lips curved into a slight smile.

Jin's eyes went wide open, he even dropped the pen he was holding in his hand. A lead? Is that true? Could they be Finding their breakthrough?

"A lead?" Jin asked, seemingly very shocked. He had worked so hard for so long trying to find the two, with no success.

"Yes, The airline called me back. They reported that a Jeon Jungkook and a Park Jimin did leave the country about a month ago, headed to Chicago. They're just not sure if it's who we're looking for. So I asked them to send me a footage of the day they boarded their flight....and you are not gonna believe this..." Hwang said, with a slight smile. He took out a USB stick and placed it on the table. Then gently slid it over to Jin's side.

"Captain, I think you need to see that." Hwang said.

Jin was still a little shocked and taken by surprise, but nonetheless he took the USB.

"What's in here?" Jin asked, already plugging the USB into his laptop. And touching here and there, for it to play.

"See for yourself Captain." Detective Hwang said. Still looking excited, probably because he's the one who managed to track the two.

So Jin then starred intensely at the screen, he thought the footage would be really long but it was just probably a 3 minutes video. The quality of it wasn't that clear. But he can recognize a Park Jimin when he sees one. His pretty pink lips opened wide as he gasped. It was them...no doubt. Both dragging suitcases, which aren't really too big. What came as an even bigger shock, is that they were holding hands. And it doesn't look like it wasn't consensual.

"See? Your precious Jiminie...out here having vacations with killlers. Killers that need to be behind bars. Who knows? Maybe they committed all these crimes together? Maybe they're both guilty." Hwang said chuckling in disbelief.

"Both guilty? How? Jimin brought forward all the evidence we needed to arrest Jeon. I can see the footage. But I feel like leaving Seoul was against Jimin's wishes, he could have been forced by that criminal." Jin said, brushing his hair frustratedly. Eyes still looking at the laptop.