031💖

Maeve felt numb. She had lost her baby. She didn't know what to think. She didn't know what to do.

She didn't know how she felt about being pregnant. But now that choice had been taken from her.

She felt as though this was her punishment. For having an affair with her father's best friend. But she knew it wasn't that.

Maeve didn't know how to feel anything other than numb. She knew that the whole situation with her mum had stressed her out too.

She couldn't even think about talking to her. She felt as though it was all working against her. She hated how messy her life had become.

It was too much. It was too hard.

She hadn't talked to Remus since she had lost the baby. She felt bad. They thought they were having a baby together. And it had been snatched from them both.

She knew it was hard. But she couldn't face Remus. He had been excited at the thought of having a baby. But they weren't now.

Alexa had been by her side the whole time she had been in the hospital. She was thankful she had her sister.

She knew that it was going to be okay. She just didn't know when it was going to be okay. Or how. She just needed to hope and pray it would all be okay.

All she knew was that she was going to be a mum. And now she wasn't. It broke her to think about.

Morning came and she woke in bed. She was finally returning to classes since the miscarriage. And she had no idea what to do or to feel about it.

She knew that no one knew about how she was pregnant. And she wanted to keep it that way.

Maeve walked down into the common room. Alexa was there clearly having just got back. "Where the hell were you?" She asked.

"Out and about."

***
Maeve was sitting in the great hall. She saw her so-called mother sitting up at the staff table. She rolled her eyes.

Maeve didn't consider her a mother. She couldn't. Not after all that had happened. She felt as though it was too late for her to make amends.

She looked to see Remus as he sat down. She sighed knowing she wanted to talk to him. But it was hard. She couldn't find the words to speak.

Alexa sat with her. "Are you okay? I know this can't be easy. Coming back to classes after what's happened," she said.

Maeve sighed. "I have to move on Lex. It's not going to be easy, you're right. But I can't sit around moping," she told her sister.

"You know I'm here for you. No matter what."

"Thanks Lex."

***
Maeve walked into Remus' classroom. He looked to her and smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked as he looked to her.

"I'm okay I guess. I figured I'd come and see how you're doing. I know this can't have been easy for you. You were going to be a father. And now you're not," she said.

Remus smiled. "I'm just glad you're okay. You mean a lot to me," he told her.

Maeve smiled and threw herself into his chest. But would things work the way they both wanted them to?