The Angels Cove Chronicles Part 2 (Chapter 1-5)

Chapter 1

Wake up!

The sudden scream of noise causing a woman to swiftly open her eyes. The woman sat up in her bed, patting down the space next to her expecting to find her wife lying beside her, but she was gone. Confused, she looked around the bedroom only to be greeted by an eerie silence. The room dark and desolate, like life itself had been sucked out of it. A putrid smell resonating from under the bed. She needed light, but was afraid of what other horrors lay waiting for her. Then from the darkness, emerged a small lime green flame dancing through the ebony entrapment originating from a nearby candle. Determined to find her wife and stepson, she threw the covers off of her and jumped out the bed. The floorboards underneath crackling as soon as her feet made contact with the floor. Her heart pulsating through her chest, she tip-toed over to the lit candle, her only defence against the suffocating darkness. Her footsteps stalked by loud creaks, she reached out to the candle located on top of an old oak drawer. Grabbing a tight hold of the candle holder that was harbouring her salvation, pulling it closer to her for safe keeping.

But as she did, she was confronted by the spine-chilling shriek of a baby. Upon hearing the infants heart wrenching cries, her heart throbbed, her maternal instincts telling her to investigate. Leaving the safety of the bedroom, the woman slowly made her way down the winding staircase, blindly following the ongoing shrills. Reaching the bottom, she recognised the familiarity of the dull grey paint staining the walls, she was in her brother's house, in his lounge. But something was off, she may have been in her brother's house but it was completely unfurnished, with only cobwebs for decoration. The room dark and lifeless. Not done with her investigation she looked around finding nothing. That's when she heard a harrowing cry emanating behind her. Instantly turning around to the source of the noise, she saw a mosses basket ominously placed in the centre of the lounge, which she knew wasn't there before. Hesitant to approach, it took another gut-wrenching scream from the confines of the mosses basket, to convince her to abandon all her preconceptions and approach the basket. Growing closer, she began to feel her body tremble overtaken by pure anxiety. Reaching the basket, she gulped as she slowly peered over the edge, not sure what monstrosity awaited her. But to her surprise, there was nothing. It was empty. Struck with confusion, she stepped backwards, her back instantly making contact with something cold behind her. He heart racing she quickly turned around seeing her reflection staring back at her.

But what she saw looking back at her terrified her to her very core. The mirror reflecting reality, her whole body was saturated in crimson blood, her dark blue eyes the only relief from the sheet of red. Her usually long blonde hair dyed to match the rest of her body. Letting out a huge scream she panickily clawed at her face trying to erase the blood, but to no avail. Then she felt a pressure in her right hand, like she was hiding something. Glancing down at her hand, she saw that she was holding a dagger. The dagger itself beamed with familiarity it was fully black, with a shiny topaz gem at the hilt, but she couldn't quite place why. But as she examined it further, the reason hit her like a sack of bricks, it was a demon dagger. This extremely rare weapon was used to kill otherwise immortal demons and it was the very same weapon she had used to kill Serena Peterson's unborn child. Panic setting in, she instantly threw the dagger to the ground, with it sliding unnaturally to the back wall. Her gaze following the dagger, her attention became drawn to movement behind the layers of grey paint. She watched as the molecules of paint separated, fizzling away like acid. Being replaced by a thick red substance that dribbled down the side of wall. This spreading across the whole surface, until the seemingly random splotches began to combine together to form a word.

'MURDERER'

She was frozen with fear. Her heart breaking through her chest, her whole body heavy with guilt. They knew. Whoever was doing this knew what she did and was out for blood. As numbness began to blossom through her whole body, she was interrupted by a large sizzling sound resonating behind her. Drawn to it she turned around, seeing the grey paint viciously melting off the walls. Blood beginning to take its place, cascading down from the ceiling to the floor, until the whole wall was oozing with the crimson liquid. Then came the sequel of agonizing shrills from the murdered infant ringing through her head, amplified for maximum punishment. She grabbed hold of her head trying to stop the infernal noise from infecting her mind. Instead, the helpless cries only grew louder bringing her to the brink of Insanity. Her brain about to explode she screamed, "STOP IT! STOP IT!".