The Angels Cove Chronicles (Chapters 48-53)

Chapter 48

After what seemed like an eternity of interrogation from the Jacobs, morning finally dawned. Rays of sunlight shimmering through the house, Serena felt her heart sink knowing that in a few hours she would be leaving her babies behind for however long it took to find the ingredients she needed for the spell. But she was prepared to make that sacrifice so that her family could live without the pain of their collars. Hearing a loud thud from upstairs she gathered the boys were awake. Like a heard of thundering elephants, Link and Hurricane raced down the stairs. Link leaping into the lounge full of panic "is mum still here?!" not needing an answer seeing her sitting next to his father on the couch. "I'm still here baby" she assured him giving him a huge hug "you too, my little Hurricane" enticing Hurricane over to her. Hugging the boys, she felt tears begin to prickle her face, her maternal instincts not wanting to let them go. Then she was drawn to the chatter of children coming from the staircase, where the trio of Nathan, Sarah and Joseph made their appearance. "Morning" Nathan groaned looking like a complete mess, his white buttoned shirt tucked half in half out with his hair not sure what to do with itself. He looked so rough, that If he wasn't 12, his parents would have presumed that he had just gotten back from a one-night stand. Finding their prediction was correct Elias and Sarah shared a smile before turning to Nathan "Morning". Joseph and Hurricane were distracted by the luscious smell of bacon luring them into the kitchen where the rest of the family was. The remaining children sitting next to their parents on the couch. "didn't think to get changed, like I told you to then son?" Elias teased, watching Nathans face drop "Is it that bad?". His mother laughed, "Sweetheart, you look like you were having a bit too much fun last night" this causing Nathan to be struck with confusion not sure what she meant "what?". His innocence amusing his mother as she wrapped her arm around him, "I'm going to miss this". Link was curled up between his parents he wondered "are you going to miss me?" to which Serena leant down kissing him on the head "of course. I'm going to miss you, your brothers, Sarah-" "and dad?" Serena smiled "-and your father very much" tickling him, making Link burst with laughter.

Without warning the doorbell suddenly began to ring. They group looked at each other full of confusion, they weren't expecting the rest of the Peterson family for another few hours at least. Curious, Elias jumped up from the couch and made his way to the front door. When he opened it, he was surprised to see Jennifer Blood standing angrily outside with Olivia by her side. As soon as she saw Elias she burst into the house and went on a tangent, "How dare you! You made me care about you and your children. I trusted you! Just for me to find out that you were lying to me the whole time! Are those kids even yours or did you make that up too?!". Elias sighed gathering that Greyson had told her after their meet up yesterday "I can assure you the only thing I was lying about was my name and that I was born a wolf. The children might not all be biologically mine by they are my children nonetheless". "what's going on here?" Serena's voice echoed from behind Elias, ready to defend her man. "Who are you?" Jennifer questioned having never seen her before but knowing she wasn't a Jacobs. With a huge smirk on Serena's face, she replied "I'm Serena Peterson, the children's mother" as she grabbed hold of Elias's hand to show they were a couple. They watched Jennifer quiver with fear as she recognised Serena's name and Serena took the opportunity to elaborate "He only lied to protect our children, your family already tried to kill both my boys on multiple occasions". "I had nothing to do with any of that" Jennifer defended herself feeling the gut-wrenching guilt from her families' actions that had tarnished the Blood family name. After a moments silence Jennifer's anger relented understanding why he had lied, and that for the most part he was genuine "I'm sorry. When Greyson told me, I just exploded and I didn't stop to think about why. I know you love the kids". Hearing this made Elias smile, "It's okay, I just wish I didn't have to betray your trust to begin with. Olivia has been a good friend to Nathan and Sarah". Steering away from the awkwardness of their current conversation Jennifer turned to something more positive, her uncle's incarceration, "Oh and thank you". Elias was a little confused "for what?". Jennifer returned a warm smile "my uncle Dick was admitted to a psychiatric hospital last week, says a voice told him to keep slicing his wrists instead of acting on certain disgusting impulses. And that had nothing to do with you?". Elias tried to contain his smile, Nathan's spell had worked flawlessly like he knew it would "If It did, I would tell you". Jennifer wasn't sure about his answer, but wasn't going to question it. She was glad that her uncle couldn't torment Olivia anymore. With that they said their goodbyes with the promise of a playdate in the horizon.