The Angels Cove Chronicles (Chapters 6-11)

Chapter 6

After a long tiresome drive, the five finally began to approach the familiar surroundings of Angels Cove as they made their way through the city and to the pack grounds. Link and Hurricane Elias were in awe, their heads darting around trying not to miss a thing as they took in the sights. Nathan and Sarah had huge smiles on their faces glad to be home. They then left the rustic city turning the corner to the pack which was about 5 minutes away. Where they then came up to the road and following it all the way home.

As they pulled up outside the pack house, they extended their heads like meerkats, taking in the beauty of their new home. With the addition of a few extra houses, the pack ground was exactly how they remembered it. The pack itself was vibrating with life, the pack beginning to swamp around the car before they had even had a chance to get out, in an attempt to welcome them home. When they finally managed to get out of the car, the children were bombarded with members of the pack squeezing them tightly and pinching their cheeks. Especially, Link and Hurricane who kept being reminded that they were babies the last time the pack saw them. "Settle down!" Alpha Peter echoed throughout the chaos with the pack slowly backing away from the five of them. Once everyone had calmed down Alpha Peter looking noticeably older, wrinkles plastered on his face, walked up to Elias and the children "Welcome home, son" and hugged him tightly trying to make up for the last 6 years apart. He then moved onto the children, "Come here, my grandchildren" he smiled as the four of them slowly walked up to him where they each got a loving hug, "Look, how big you've all got".

Elias was watching this interaction not noticing a small presence coming up behind him, "Are you my dad?" a little girls voice asked. Elias followed where the voice came from and saw a little girl a little bit younger than Link, she had white hair and piercing red eyes. "No. he's my dad" Link shut her down, havening escaped his grandfather's hugs, both children glaring at one another. "Athena honey, what are you doing to your cousin?" Claire appeared amongst the crowd looking the same as Elias remembered, her white hair and red eyes being hard to forget. Thea looked at her mother awkwardly not answering her question, Link taking an instant disliking to her "She asked if my dad is her dad. Which he's not, he's my dad". Thea looked at him her nose scrunched, "Thea, He's not your father. He's your uncle Raven" Claire told her, she seemed disappointed, but this was short lived as she shrugged her shoulders and hugged her uncle, "Hello, Uncle Raven! I'm Athena. But everyone calls me Thea or Ghost". Elias smiled down at her but before they could introduce themselves any further Link snapped "I'm Link Azrael Peterson and that's MY family" pointing behind him to the rest of his siblings who were chatting to Alpha Peter. Just before Elias could stop the two children from bickering, Claire snatched him away leaving the children in the care of their grandfather and Uncle Ash.

Claire took him to a secluded area of the pack where they stopped, "Is she Nicholas'?" Elias asked joining the dots. Claire let out a smile and nodded, "I would have told you sooner, but it didn't feel right telling you on the phone". "Does he know?" Elias questioned her, "No and I want to keep it that way. After that incident with Florence he never spoke to me again. Then about 2 weeks after you left with the kids, I found out I was 3 months pregnant with Thea" she sighed a small smile on her face, "I haven't told her she's a Jacobs, she's safer not knowing. Especially, with what happened with Link" Elias sighed, "I understand, I haven't told Link either". With the pair on the same page, they headed back to the centre of the pack where there was tension building between Link and Thea, both children looking like they wanted to rip out each other's hearts. Seeing his father return, Link went up to him holding his hand and they then went into the boot of the car retrieving their bags with Link not taking his eyes off Thea whilst doing so. Sensing the tension Sarah went up to Thea with her hand extended, "Hello, I'm Sarah your big sister". Thea laughed, "I know who you are silly, mum has told me all about you!" as she completely ignored the handshake and squeezed Sarah tightly, "Mum says you're a crossbreed just like me". Sarah embraced the unsuspected hug, loving being back at home. "You don't hug me like that Thea" Katrina appeared from behind them, Katrina now 19, was a lot taller and bustier than Sarah remembered. Sarah went to hug her sister but stopped when a random man came up from behind her, kissing Katrina on the lips. Sarah looked menacingly at her sister's mystery boyfriend and it seemed Thea didn't like him either as she also had an evil glare on her face. "Who's this babe?" the mystery man asked looking down at Sarah, "I'm Sarah, Katrina's sister" she spat back looking at his twig-like body wanting to snap it into two. "Sarah this is my boyfriend, Tucker" Katrina introduced them. Causing Sarah to chuckle, "Tucker? Are you a dog?". Katrina's boyfriend seemed offended by this, "says the wolf" "hybrid, actually" Sarah corrected him with a huge smile on her face, the tension between the pair continuing to grow until Hurricane came over to get Sarah. His red hair shimmering in the sun as he walked over, "Sarah could you help me unpack please?". Katrina sensed something familiar about him, her demeanour instantly changing into one of aggression as she sensed the son she had rejected standing in front of her, the son she had chosen to forget "GET AWAY FROM ME!" her reaction scaring Hurricane in place. Tucker leaped to Katrina's defence "you heard her kid, shew". Hurricane didn't know what to do, he had just come over to get Sarah to help him and now he was being shouted at. Tucker stepped forward unimpressed with Hurricanes inability to follow instructions, "are you deaf? I said shew!".