The Angels Cove Chronicles (Chapter 30-35)

Chapter 30

Inside the pack house, the children were snoring away, exhausted from the events of the previous day, their innocence protected by the sound proof walls. In the boys room Hurricane was rolling around restlessly in bed. He then shot up from his bed sweat rolling down his face as he turned on the lamp next to his bed and reached behind her pillow for his sketch book. "Elias, turn off the light" Link murmured still half asleep as he turned over falling out of the bed "oww". Hurricane ignored his brothers pain drawing the vision he had just seen. It had been so clear and felt so real that he knew it was an important one. As the hours passed into the waking hours of the next morning, he had almost finished his elaborate drawing. The brothers headed downstairs were they had breakfast of left over wedding cake cause no one accept their father was awake. After which they headed outside Hurricanes sketch book in hand, as they headed somewhere more private to look at his mystery drawing. They took refuge under a tree "let's see then" Link trying to snatch the sketch book off his brother, but Hurricane moved the book back. After they exchanged frowns, Hurricane opened the sketch book revealing his vision. Looking down at the page, Link was disappointed. The drawing was of their dad in a bed with someone reaching over hugging him. The angle not showing the man's whole face so they had no idea who it was. "Who is that? And what is he doing to dad!?" they both pondered on what this vision meant. "That looks like the guy in my mum's photo" Athena voice appeared from behind them, the boys turning confirming it was indeed Thea. "Why are you here?" Link snapped at her. Athena remained unfazed by Link's attitude "I saw you leave the pack house" receiving a death stare from Link. "What did you say... you know before?" Hurricane asked. Athena smiled "Your drawing, It looks like..." she began reaching into her pocket retrieving a photograph and showing it to the boys "him". The photo was of Claire and Nick at the witch ball just over six years ago. The boys compared Hurricanes drawing to the photograph and couldn't deny there were some huge similarities. "I found it in my mum's room, I'm not sure but I think he's my dad" Athena confided in them. The boys recognised him as the vampire that helped them when they were attacked "But dad says he's one of those special royal vampires. Why would he be hugging dad?" the children were left confused on what any of this meant. "maybe we could go to the library? Luna Daisy goes to the witch library allot" Athena suggested with the boys agreeing with her "But we can't tell my mum" Thea told them with the boys nodded "Or our dad. He would worry". Then as luck would have it their salvation walked past them in the form of Caleb, the trio let out a cheeky smile. Before they went after him Thea turned to Link "I know we haven't gotten along but can we friends?" to which he agreed "truce" to which Athena smiled "truce" and the trio hugged. They then chased Caleb down "Uncle Caleb, can you take us to the Witch library please?"

Caleb looked at the merry band of children looking up at him, using their cuteness to try and convince him to take them. The immense pressure getting to him Caleb finally caved, "alright, as long as it's okay with your dad". The trio looked at each over trying to hide their ecstatic faces before turning back towards Caleb emotionless, "he said we can". But Hurricane remembering his date with his real dad later that day added, "but we have to be back by 11:30". As an aspiring Alpha, Caleb thought this would be a good opportunity to work on his leadership skills "Okay then, I'll take you to the library". The trio buzzing with excitement.

The witch library or achieves, were around 10 minutes away. So, the children thought this would give them plenty of time to find a book that would give them the answers before 11:30. But they couldn't have been more wrong. After inviting Thea into the building, they made their way into the enormous main hall and were completely taken aback by the sight in front of them. There were book shelves everywhere that stretched up high into the sky, barely missing the 30ft ceiling. The shelves themselves completely filled to the brim with books and each shelf containing information on a different magical subject. The trio looked at each other in disbelief, they knew that there was no way they were going to find the answers they needed before 11:30, but that wasn't going to stop them from trying. "Maybe they have a vampire section?" Link shrugged as Thea saw a book shelf that got her attention "Look over there! There's the section of supernatural creatures. It must be there!". The trio noisily rushed over to the section with Caleb trailing behind them whispering "not so loud, it's still a library".