The Angels Cove Chronicles (Chapters 24-29)

Chapter 24

The trio headed in to town finding the Alastair Blood his wife and their son innocently strolling around like they hadn't just ordered a hit on his family. Alex looked at his serious face knowing he wanted to kill them right then and there "You're not going to kill them right?". Ash let out a huge huff "No. I'm just going to give them a piece of my mind". "I'm up for killing them" Nick added who only came because he liked Raven and the kids. The three of them then strolled over to the Bloods determined to, at the very least, a confession that it was them who tried to eliminate his nephews. "Hey arsehole! You tried to get my brother and my nephews killed!" he spat at him holding back his rage. Alastair looked at him with a huge smug look on his face as he taunted "I don't know what you're talking about". Ash gritted his teeth feeling his fangs trying to force their way through "I may have been born in your cellar but don't treat me like a fool. You hired those assassins to kill my brother and nephews. He was there when it was happened so don't you dare try and deny it" he scornfully to them pointing to Nick. But even in a presence of an original Alastair Blood did not stumble retaining his cocky stance. "I think we both know that at least one of those boys isn't your nephew" he snapped back a huge smile on his face, Ash knew he was referring to Hurricane somehow, they managed to work it out. Ash may of been controlling his fangs but his eyes were one thing he couldn't hold back turning from brown into a blazing orange. "So this is what this is about? Your precious pure line of Blood family witches. He is a child!" Alex jumped in catching on that the Bloods had made the order knowing full well that Hurricane was part of their family. "What is she on about dad?" Greyson questioned his parents having no idea of Hurricanes existence. Alastair ignored his sons' questions, slowly becoming more vexed by these tedious accusations, "That boy is no family of ours!". Ash kissed his teeth "Your right, he isn't. He's much to selfless to be related to you" he paused daring not to break eye contact with Alastair Blood who he could tell was rattled. Greyson was full of confusion from the lack of explanation but was beginning to feel like he was missing out on something big. "Those children are abominations! They shouldn't even be alive" he taunted Ash begging to see his fangs, but Ash wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. "Yeah no thanks to you!" Alex snapped back. "Those filthy half-breeds have no place in this world!" Alastair retaliated, furious Alex's eyes turned a cloudy grey "That's funny, the same could be said about murderers and rapists but your still here" Ash having to hold Alex back, whilst Nick had a huge smile on his face enjoying the drama on the side-lines. This caused the Bloods to fall deathly silent, the tension between the trios at boiling point. Breaking through the tension Ash's returned to brown "As future Alpha I have to set a good example for the pack. But, if you come after my family again, I can promise you I won't be as forgiving" he finished with an intimidating grin. After all, they knew what he was capable of he had crushed the skulls of unsuspecting witches under their orders. So, they could only imagine what he could do to them now that he was no longer under their control. Sensing the fear in their faces Ash was satisfied he had gotten the message across as they turned around leaving them behind. Turning to Nick "thank you for coming with us" to which Nick smiled back "No worries. It was actually quite fun" as he sped off into the distance leaving Ash and Alex behind. Alex grabbed hold of Ash's hand "Your so cute when your angry" she teased, causing Ash to blush as he took a firm grip of Alex's hand "Cute? I'm not cute". Alex let out a chuckle as she teased "You so are. So cute in fact that I'm marrying you just so I can keep you all to myself". "Oh really?" he smiled back at her "yep, no other woman is allowed to have you. Serena has a curse prepared and everything" she teased. The pair turned to face one another holding each other's hands with Ash letting out a small chuckle "I wouldn't have it any other way". Alex then wrapped her hands around the back of Ash's head and the pair embraced in a passionate kiss, their lips firmly meeting not wanting to part. Tearing away from each other Ash and Alex revert back to holding hands "let's go home and tell my dad I didn't start a war with the Bloods" Alex agreed and the pair headed off back to the pack meeting Claire and the girls on the way filling them in on what had happened.