Chapter 1

Nunnally wished the world was a gentler place, and Lelouch wanted to create such a world under the secret identity of Zero. But in this story, Lelouch decides to share the secret of his Geass with his sister, and they join together in a fight against Britannia. Full of action and suspense, with plot twists at every step.

This is a 2023 remake of my original Code Geass story, written in 2017.

For more of my original stories and fan fiction, check out my profile.

The story takes off from the middle of episode 3 scene shortly after Nunnally appears in the show for the first time.

***

"Lelouch," Nunnally whispered sadly, "I wish the world would be a gentler place."

"Someday it will!" he replied with a smile. "I promise!"

Nunnally felt that his smile was a bit forced.

"How can you promise something that big?" she asked.

"It might be big," Lelouch agreed. "But is it impossible? Tell me, Nunnally, what if I had the power to command people to become nicer? What if there was such a power by which I could make them all become good people?"

Lelouch and Nunnally were now eating in the dining room of their apartments. It was evening and already dark outside. As she heard her brother's words and tone, Nunnally became serious. Lelouch smiled confidently, and Nunnally felt that, though she couldn't see the smile. She was blind.

"Don't joke with me, Lelouch," she said with a frown.

"But this is no joke, Nunnally," he replied.

Nunnally understood that Lelouch was actually very serious. And that made her all the more confused.

"I always trusted that you would be ambitious enough to achieve anything you had in mind," she said. "But not... not something that big, you know? We can't just command people to be good."

"Well, I can," her brother continued. "There's something I have to tell you, Nunnally..."

"Is there?" she asked.

Lelouch had a long story to tell, the war in Shinjuku, the meeting with CC, the power he received, the fight against the Britannians, and so one by one, he shared all the significant events that happened to him recently. The only thing he didn't mention was the death of Clovis. As he told the story, he seemed chill, like a man who did what he had to do and had no remorse whatsoever. Nunnally listened to everything, and she could not believe it.

"Lelouch, are you really serious?" she cried, her lips trembling. "That's madness!"

"Everything is true," he replied calmly. "Now, I can control the people's minds and make them obey me."

"Lelouch?" she whispered.

"You don't believe me, Nunnally, do you?" asked her brother with a frown.

"I just find it very hard to visualize..."

"I'll prove it to you," followed Lelouch. "I have to go for now, but tomorrow I will make you a demo and show you exactly what I'm talking about."

"Lelouch..." she whispered.

"Yes?"

"I believe you," she said. "I know you would not lie about such things. But your story is almost unbelievable. How in the world could you have received such power?"

"I just did," she replied flatly. "I don't have a good explanation either. It's a fact."

Lelouch went towards the door, but as he laid his hand upon the knob, he stopped and turned back to Nunnally.

"I am confused as well," he replied with a sigh. "I don't know what it is all about. But I wanted to share this with you. I trust that everything will be okay."

"Let's hope so," she replied.

Nunnally was forcing herself a smile as her brother wished her good night. And as he left, she remained alone in the room, puzzled and scared.

***

I will be posting new chapters weekly.

Follow my account to stay in touch with my latest creations.

Whether you enjoy the story or not, please let me know your honest thoughts in the comments. I'm always learning so any feedback is appreciated.