Chapter Two

S2Ep1-Under Pressure

Chapter Two
First week

"ALRIGHT handsome," Hazel spoke putting the dishes in the sink. "let's get going."

Since it was Eddie's first day as a member of the 118 he wanted to arrive fairly early, so Hazel was the one to take Christopher to her grandmother in laws house so she could watch the young boy.

"Can we bring Luna?" Christopher asked.

Hazel looked at her loyal companion who sat looking at her owner almost like she knew what Christopher asked and was begging to go. After leaving the army, Luna was aggressive and only trusted Hazel, it took almost a year of training for her to understand that not everyone was bad and read her owner on how she feels about a new person.

"Let me call Abuela." Hazel answered, pulling out her phone.

After a quick phone call and an explanation on how Luna acts around others and how much she listens, it was decided that the dog could tag along.

"Looks like Luna can join you on your adventures today." Hazel smiled at her son.

"Yay!" Christopher beamed.

"Alright, let's hit the road." Hazel told her son after they packed a couple things for Luna and for Christopher.

"Thank you so much for watching him." Hazel thanked her grandmother in law after she help Christopher out of the car and grabbed Lina's leash. "Both of them."

"Of course." Isabel replied taking the small bag Hazel was carrying.

"I should be off by 9 and here to pick him up." Hazel informed the women. "If you need anything please don't hesitate to call."

"Alright, now go have a good day at work." The older women instructed.

"Okay, thank you again." Hazel spoke before kiss Christopher's cheek and petting her dog then rushing to her car and going to work.

"OFFICER DIAZ"a very familiar voice spoke from behind Hazel car she buttoned her uniform. "I expect you to be here and ready before shift starts."

"Well Sergeant Grant," Hazel responded, turning around to face the women she met while going through the academy. "I am early, by a ten minutes and if you've payed attention for the past few months you'd know I'm always early."

Athena's hard expression broke and she smiled at the women in front of her. "Glad to have you joining my side Hazel." Athena beamed.

"Glad you took me, Athena." Hazel replied with the same smile.

"Alright, let's hit the streets." Athena instructed, walking away.

"HOW'S YOUR kids?" Hazel asked as her and Athena drove around their designated area, waiting for a call.

"They're great, they're with Michael this weekend." Athena answered, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Wait, you and Michael are no longer married?" Hazel inquired. The last time she spoke with Athena was when she was just finishing up being a rookie and wanted to take a vacation and see LA's police force, potentially wanting to work there.

"Oh, you where here when we were still married." Athena muttered. "Turns out he was gay so we divorced."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Hazel responded.

"Don't be," Athena told her partner. "I found someone who I'm honestly happier with."

Hazel smiled brightly at the women's words. "That's amazing. Who's the lucky man?"