Chapter Three

S2Ep2- 7.1

Chapter Three
Cement and Fire

Two Hours before Event

LUCKLY Hazel and Eddie where able to walk Christopher to school and then Eddie had the chance to drive Hazel to work.

"Mama, Dad?" Christopher muttered as they walked on the side walk leading to his school.

"Yeah?" Eddie responded.

"What's up bud?" Hazel inquired.

"Do you think Luna knows she's dogs?" The young boy asked. "And other dogs know they're dogs?"

"What do you mean?" Eddie countered, confused by the question.

"You- you know, like, I'm a person and a dog is a dog." Christopher explained as the family came to a stop and Eddie and Hazel lowered down to Christopher's level. "But so dogs just think we're bigger, less hairier, smarter dogs that walk funny?"

"Thank God for you, kid." Eddie smiled at his son.

The school bell rang indicating that the young boy should get inside and to class.

"Alright buddy, you gotta get to class." Hazel passed her hand on Christopher's cheek and smiled at him.

Christopher smiled back and hugged Hazel. "I Love you Chris." She muttered hugging him back.

"Love you." Christopher responded before doing the same to his father.

"He'll be fine, Edmundo." Hazel spoke softly, interlocking her fingers with his. "He's going to have a good day and be safe."

Eddie squeezed her hand watching Christopher make his way inside. "I know." He muttered.

"Now take me to work, husband." Hazel beamed.

"Anything for you, wife." Eddie smiled, twirling Hazel before they walked to his truck.

TO START OFF the morning Athena and Hazel along with a lot of other officers where driving after a speeding and stole car.

"I know this kid." Athena stated as she drove away from the rest of the group.

"Oh?" Hazel muttered with a puzzled look.

"Been stealing cars for a while but he's never ran from the police." Athena explained as they came to a stop outside what Hazel assumed was their run away driver's house. "And he's dumb enough to have pink hair."

Athena got out of the shop and waited on the passenger side which Hazel quickly followed suit. The pair didn't have to wait all too long, just twenty minutes.

After waiting Hazel saw a kid with bright pink hair turn the corner and then stop, looking around wondering what to do or where to run.

"Where you planning on running, Marvin?" Athena asked watching the young boy. "This is your house."

Marvin gave up the idea of running and turned the corner, walking towards the officers.