Ice Time

JASMINES POV:

I slid on my skating leggings and matching top, grabbed my skating bag and headed off. The rink was only a 5 minute walk off campus so I didn't need to bring my car.

I spent the whole walk over there trying to remember who I was with last night but I couldn't remember anything. As I walked in through the glass doors I smiled at the receptionist and continued walking to the ladies changing rooms. I grabbed my skates and stuffed my things into a locker.

I walked out of the changing rooms and over to the bench beside the ice, slid on my skates and started skating to the song : Dangerous Affairs by Inon Zur

^^ that's the song

I was practicing a routine to that song so I could compete for regionals, I loved ice skating, I let myself be free and try new things and I didn't feel heavy with the weight of everything in my life.

HUGOS POV:

I was trying to get a bit of extra practice skating before training later, as I was walking out of the men changing rooms I spotted Evelyn gliding over the ice, it looked like she was practicing her routine.

There were people observing from outside the rink, watching in awe of how she moved. No one dared join her on the ice, she was skating gracefully but her movements were sharp and controlled.

It was gorgeous. She's gorgeous.
I don't think she would have remembered what happened last night so I didn't want to bring it up.
As her song finished and she ended her routine the whole rink burst into applause. Myself included.

She smiled and looked around her sweetly before skating over to the exit, just where I so happened to be standing.

'Hey Evelyn right?' I mumbled nervously
'That's me!! Do I know you?'
'Oh er I'm on the ice hockey team'
I didn't want to seem like a brag and say I wasn't just on the team, I was its captain so I chose to stay humble and leave it.

'Oh that's cool! I'm just gonna grab some water, enjoy your ice time'

She walked away over to the benches and I caught myself staring at her. She was so breathtaking. I collected my thoughts and headed onto the ice trying to distract myself from thoughts of her.

EVELYNS POV:

I remember Joshua telling me about a Hugo from the ice hockey team, I thought Joshua told me he was the Captain but wouldn't he have mentioned that?

I undid the lace on my skates and started making my way back over to the changing rooms, as I was walking I bumped into Joshua,
'Hey Evelyn, practice skating?'
'Yeah when am I not' I giggled
'Gotta run, i'll see you later'

I threw my skates into my bag and left the rink to venture home.