Damaged Goods

JASMINES POV:

As I walked back into our dorm room I could hear voices talking, I peaked round the corner and Taliyah was talking to Alfie.

I didn't want to interrupt anything so i grabbed a jacket and walked back out of my dorm.

I figured I would go sit in the library and find a good book to read. As I was walking I was approached by Connor.
My ex.

I didn't speak to many people last year and Connor was the main reason for that. He was controlling and manipulative and I hated him.

'Connor get away from me'
'Don't act innocent Jasmine I know you want me back'
'You're delusional.' I snapped back

'And you're not pretty. You think another boys gonna want you? You're damaged goods Jasmine. You're gonna regret this.' He lunged forward to grab my arm but I pulled away and started running down the hallway.

I didn't stop until I bumped into a large figure.
Hugo. I could feel the tears running down my face and I tried to compose myself but it was too late, Hugo had seen me cry. Fuck.

HUGOS POV:

Jasmine was crying. Why was Jasmine crying?

I leaned down gently towards her and spoke softly,
'Is everything alright darling?'
She didn't say anything and kept crying so I walked her over to a locker area where there was no one about.

She leaned her head into my shoulder and started sobbing.
I stroked her hair gently but I felt so guilty.
What happened? I didn't want to invade her privacy but I felt a protective need to make sure she was alright without prying into her personal life.
'If you want to tell me anything, I'm here' I whispered to her.

'My ex was being a huge dick'

I was furious. What the fuck had he said to make her cry like this? I swear when I find out who he is I'm gonna fucking kill him.

We stayed like this, me holding her while she cried for a good 10 minutes before she whispered a subtle thank you. I smiled at her to reassure her I didn't mind.

' I was walking in the hallway and he said no one would ever want me like he did because i'm "damaged goods."

'Well not only is he stupid but he's also very wrong. You're pretty, smart and funny Jasmine, don't let a boy dictate how you feel about yourself alright?'

'Yeah, thank you Hugo I really needed that'

'Anytime Jasmine.'

With that she got up, smiled at me one last time and started walking.
She was in my arms. I was holding her.
Oh. My. Goodness.