Week 5: Sports Day

Ayato sat on grass that felt prickly under his pale skin, staring at the people who were doing the two-legged race.

He was sat next to Oko, who stared off into the distance with a nervous look on his face.

Ayato had stayed with Oko whenever he could, he was there when Oko was questioned by police, he was there when Oko told them the story he and Ayato had practiced over and over again.

Wherever Oko was, Ayato was.

Because Oko couldn't tell anyone the truth about what happened to those bullies if Ayato was always with him.

Right? Right.

"I heard the leader of the Sports Club came back this week..." Oko mumbled, turning his head to stare at Ayato.

"Oh, is that why we're doing this whole Sports Day Event?" Ayato asked, tilting his head.

Oko nodded, he was about to speak until he was interrupted.

"Apparently it's meant to boost school morale after those disappearances last week, I think it's just so he can show his club off though." Kizano groaned loudly, slouching against Ayato.

Oko visibly gulped, staring at the grass as he fidgeted with his hands.

He had almost forgot about Info-Kun helping him to clean up and dispose of the bodies and since there was no other evidence that the police could use, the case was left unsolved.

Sudden cheers brought Ayato out of his thoughts, noticing the race had finished when he saw Osano and Amao walking towards their group.

"Ya'll have fun?" Kizano smirked, being the only one to actually pay attention to the race.

"Shut up." Osano mumbled.

"What did you place?" Ayato asked and Osano's face went a bit red.

"... Last." He spoke quietly and Kizano chuckled.

"It's not my fault! Amao is so slow, it felt like I was dragging a ton of weights behind me!" He yelled at Kizano, face only getting redder.

Amao scoffed, sitting next to Oko.

The group sat there comfortably, Kizano and Osano still arguing about the two-legged race until the next race was announced along with who would be participating in it.

"Can Ayato Aishi, Meka Nikaru, Pippi Osu, Aso Rito, Chojo Tekina and Toga Tabara please head to the lanes for the Sprint Race, please." A voice from the speakers spoke.

Ayato stood up slowly, legs feeling strange from sitting down for so long.

"Good luck, Ayato." Amao spoke softly, a smile present on his face.

Ayato nodded in thanks as he walked towards the start of the orange lanes.

All six students stood at the lanes in the same order that their names were announced in by the speakers.

Ayato took deep breathes, preparing for the race in the little time they gave them.

"Okay, guys, get ready!" One of the teachers spoke, whistle ghosting their mouth as the students got into position.

The sound of the whistle sliced through the air and the students began running, Ayato keeping a steady pace.

People started to fall behind over time, losing to the exhaustion and soon it was just him and another student in the lead.

The two students looked at each other, Ayato not really paying attention to the students features as they ran faster, trying to get ahead of one another.