Chapter IV

I knew it was a bad idea to come to here but Charlie thought it was a good idea to be around Bella in case something happens to her, plus it was one of my days off

I knew it was a bad idea to come to here but Charlie thought it was a good idea to be around Bella in case something happens to her, plus it was one of my days off. Today was a field trip to a greenhouse for science, I sat in Bella's driver seat with the window down as I watch the students walk inside the big yellow vehicle.

As always Bella was lost in a haze as her eyes wander everywhere, including the Cullen's. I notice that ginger haired Cullen named Edward was staring at us, my instinct kicks in as I growl at him.

If he can be intimidating, so can I.

Suddenly one of Bella's male friend came in front of us, his name was Mike I think. He seemed like a nice man but he can be..how do I put this? A bit of a nuisance, at leas that's what Bella think.

"Look at you, huh? You're alive!" He exclaims as if he's Dr. Frankenstein from the movies.

"I know, yeah. False alarm, I guess." Bella said.

"Now, I wanted to ask you, you know, if, you know, it's like a month away, but..." He trailed off before asking. "Do you wanna go to prom with me?"

But I notice Bella was ignoring him as she just stare at Edward who stare at her back, as if they're communicating through their minds.

"So, what do you think?" Mike ask that catches Bella's attention.

"About what?" Bella ask him.

"Do you want to go? To prom? With me?" He question, emancipation filled his face.

"Prom. Dancing." Mike nods at her words. "Not such a good idea for me, I have something that weekend anyway. I'm going to Jacksonville that weekend." She lied.

Interesting lie I thought to myself.

Mike face fell at the sound of that. "You can't go another weekend?" He questioned.

"Non-refundable ticket." She replied with a shrug. "You should ask Jessica."

I look to see a brunette girl whose around a year younger than Bella, she sounded sweet whenever Bella spoke to her. She then wave at us, I think mostly at Mike.

The teacher then call for us to get inside the yellow vehicle, Bella open the truck for me to jump out. She held onto my leash tightly as if I might bolt off; which is nonsense.

••°••°••°••°••°

The greenhouse was filled and smelled of life, the students would smell the life and touch the plants. Bella even bring a plant down for me to sniff it, let's just stay I have mint still lingering on my nose.

I notice that Edward was standing next to a fern plant without the company of his brother and sister. "What's in Jacksonville?" He ask Bella. I knew he was eavesdropping on us.

"How did you know about that?" She questioned.

"You didn't answer my question."

"You don't answer any of mine, so...I mean, you don't even say hi to me."

Edward sigh. "Hi."

"Are you gonna tell me how you stopped the van?" She ask him, I let out a groan as I venture through the crowd of students.

"Yeah. I had an adrenaline rush." He replied. "It's very common. You can Google it."

Is he serious?

Bella let out a huff. "Floridians." She stated. "That's what's in Jacksonville." She then trips on a hose and step on my tail. Making me shriek in pain.

Luckily Edward catches her before she can fell. "Can you at least watch where you walk?" He ask angrily. "Look, I'm sorry I'm being rude all the time. I just think it's the best way."

"Bella!" Jessica called out as she walk up towards us. " Guess who just asked me to prom."

"Who?" Bella asked as she saw Edward walk away from us.

"Yeah, I actually totally thought that Mike was gonna ask you."  Jessica said as she let out a nervous chuckle. "It's not gonna be weird, though, right?"

"No. Zero weirdness." Bella replied. "You guys are great together."

••°••°••°••°••°

After the greenhouse tour Bella lead me out the greenhouse, we headed towards the yellow vehicle. My tail hurts a little but not as bad as Bella thought.

Then Edward walk towards us once again. "Bella, we shouldn't be friends." He told her.

"You really should've figured that out a little earlier." She told him. "I mean, why didn't you just let the van crush me and save yourself all this regret?" She asked.

"What, you think I regret saving you?" Edward questioned.

"I can see that you do. I just-I don't know why." Bella said.

"You don't know anything." Edward said to him.

Then a pixie haired female walk in front of us, she seemed very bubbly. "Are you and your doggy gonna be riding with us?" She ask.

"No, our bus is full." Edward replied as he bang at the door.

Well he's an asshole.

••°••°••°••°••°

After the school field trip, we came back home—Bella removed my harness as I imminently went to my water bowl and took drinks from it. Bella followed me into the kitchen where Charlie was while reading a newspaper.  "Your mom called." He informed her. "Again."

"Well, that's your fault." Bella said. "You shouldn't have told her about the "almost" accident. You finished?" She ask while grabbing Charlie's plate before heading towards the sink.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. She always did know how to worry. She seems different. She seems happy." Charlie told his child, I notice that he sounded sad while saying those words. "Phil sounds like an all right guy."

"Yeah, he is." Bella said as she stood by the sink. She then headed towards her room.

Not a few minutes later I follow her right behind while grabbing my squeaky deer.

••°••°••°••°••°

The next day I saw Bella packing clothes in her bag, I let out a small ruff as I wonder what she's doing.

"I'm going to La Push, boy." She told me. I've never been at La Push before, but I heard fun words from the dogs back at the police station.

Bella then held up a swimsuit vest; it was the color green with specks of gold. The colors look like something that a God would wear. (A/N: Anyone get the mention?)

I didn't get the chance to protest when Bella put the vest on me; it felt a little heavy but not as bad as my K-9 vest.

Bella's friends went to pick us up, I jumped into the van and imminently get attention by Angela who's very got at pets and rubs.

And so we headed to La Push.

A/N: Three chapters left until New Moon.