1. When life ends...

yibo's life is perfect- a great career of doctor, a loving family, and a responsible boyfriend. his father has invited the whole family to go on a trip to his hometown - a place he has left in his youth burning all the bridges and never looked back. little did yibo know that this trip is about to flip his whole life upside down.

----------------------------------------------

yibo is packing his suitcase to join his family on a trip to his father's hometown.

'i don't really know much about misty harbor. dad never speaks about it. how am i going to decide what to pack if i have no idea about the place? i should probably visit dad and talk to him. it's always nice to see him. he loves it when his little boy ask for his advice.'  yibo thinks to himself.

yibo's father opens the door and gives him the fondest smile. yibo smile brodly back. he has missed him so much.

"hello there, little busy bee! to what do i owe the pleasure of my most favourite son's visit?" asked yibo's father.

"dad, don't be so dramatic! i calls you everyday" said yibo.

"you don't visit me and your mom very often!" said yibo's father sadly.

"dad! i have work. and i visit you for dinner every week." said yibo.

his father makes a fake pout and crosses his arms as he shakes his head.

"i never agreed that my son grows up and move out of their parent's home so soon." said yibo's father.

"dad, i'm 25! and i have been on my own for 7 years." said yibo.

"true..." said yibo's father.

"dad, i need some fashion advice for the trip." said yibo.

"your mother and sister have gone out for some shopping. maybe you can join them?" suggested yibo's father.

"nah. i don't need anything new. i realized i know nothing about Misty Harbor. what's the weather like?" asked yibo.

there is long pause. yibo don't need to have degree of a medical doctor to know that his father's heartbeat is so fast it's almost in his throat.

"well, it's like typical small town where nothing happens and everyone knows every detail of each other's lives. people are curious. and no matter what you wear, they will watch and they will talk." said yibo's father.

"uhm, right! i'll just pack all in black and gray." said yibo.

"if only the people there were as innocent as you say." said yibo's father sadly.

"what is that supposed to mean?" yibo asked curiously.

"nothing, yibo. just an old man's grumbling." said yibo's father.

"alright then! i'll figure it out. i'll leave now and see you first thing tomorrow to hit the road. kiss mom for me when she's back, okay?" said yibo.

"sure." said yibo's father 

yibo was about to leave but he realize that his father contemplates asking another question. he can see his father's forehead furrow.

"what is it, dad? i can see you're worried about something."

" are you sure your boyfriend jungkook can't come?" asked yibo's father.

it's yibo's turn to frown. his boyfriend knows how important this trip is for his family.

" he has a lot of work, dad. i'm afraid he can't join us. i know you want him there with us, dad. but he's swamped with work." said yibo.

"i just thought you might need him there with you." said yibo's father.