13. The son of the prophecy...

the more yibo learn about himself, the more tangled his relationship with zhan and sean gets. he is trying to talk things out with zhan when suddenly jungkook walks in.

"and who's our new visitor? hello, stranger!" said gigi.

"uhm, this is jungkook. my ex-boyfriend." said yibo.

"ex-boyfriend?" asked zhan.

zhan's whole body tenses, yibo's raven flaps his wings nervously - trying to sense him, but there is nothing. zhan is blocking him from sensing his emotions.

"ex-boyfriend? really, yibo?" asked jungkook.

"that's what you call a person you've once been in a relationship with." said yibo.

"we decided to give ourselves time." said jungkook.

"time? that's not how i remember it." said yibo.

"what matters is that i'm here now, babe! and i missed you!" said jungkook.

zhan looks away. suddenly, yibo feel the warm weight of zhan's hand is gone. he miss it immediately.

"well, uhm, how about a vodka shot on the house? guess we all could use it." said gigi.

all three of them fell silent. only the cheerful clacking of the glasses on the wooden surface of the bar can be heard. and the heartbeats - loud and clear, like bells ringing in his ears.

"yibo, we need to talk." said zhan.

"hey, i've just arrived. and i need to talk to you right now!" said jungkook.

yibo know he owe zhan an explanation. and jungkook has come all the way here. yibo doubt he'll leave before he talk.

"jungkook, please, give us moment." said yibo.

"don't worry. i'll keep him hydrated and happy. zhan and you can take the corner table. you'll have enough privacy there." said gigi.

"thanks, gigi!" said yibo.

zhan asked yibo's hand into his as he follows yibo to the corner table. it feels so natural to lace their fingers together.

"zhan... there's nothing between me and jungkook..." said yibo.

"i can see that, yibo! i am not blind." said zhan angrily.

but yibo can almost taste the tension between them. zhan licks his lips as he looks into yibo's eyes and starts speaking again. his voice is a whisper.

"it is your closeness with another man that bothers me." said zhan.

"you and sean are the two people who makes me feel strong and loved. i don't know what i would've done without you... but..." said yibo.

"yibo, i can understand that! you've been through a lot... so, how do you think we'll figure this out?" asked zhan.

"i need to deal with our foe first." said yibo.

"has anything happened?" asked zhan.

"someone was spying on sean and me when he was training me." said yibo.

"someone?" asked zhan.

zhan suddenly tenses next to yibo. his face doesn't give anything away, but yibo know zhan has a guess and is trying not to alarm him until he's sure.

"and i assume sean didn't tell you who that was?" asked zhan.

"we escaped. he said that we were not ready for a confrontation." said yibo.

"for once, i'm grateful he's acted as a reasonable adult and not a rebellious rogue." said zhan.

"anyway, i should go. looks like gigi's patience is holding on a very thin line with jungkook." said yibo.