16. He who makes my wings flip...

yibo has decided to follow his heart and first save the man his heart belongs to. now, all he and gigi need to do is to come up with the perfect plan to defeat dorian and his army of ravens.

gigi bites her lips as she watches yibo carefully.

"now, the most important question - how do we get into the town unnoticed? we're on the other side of the town! how do we get to the damned tower?!" asked gigi.

it's yibo's raven that gives the answer. he suddenly remember about the secret passage. as if his raven knows about it already, he know what he need to know.

"there's one secret route... let's go!" said yibo.

"care to share what our secret battle-plan is?" asked gigi.

"first, we need to gather all the ravens who are on our side." said yibo.

"huh, there's nobody left to gather. unless you want to turn to ravens from other cities for help." said gigi.

"no, no, we don't have so much time! we can't risk losing another moment!" said yibo.

"the only one who can be on our side and uncaptured is sue." said gigi.

"call her and ask her to join us then! i need to concentrate now, gigi." said yibo.

"oh, am i disturbing you?" asked gigi.

yibo's raven is still exhausted after the confrontation with dorian. he wonder whether he'll have enough energy to reach for his father without help.

'maybe i should ask for help. i can't risk it. but i need to do this.' thinks yibo.

yibo try to focus and reach for his father.

'just a few minutes is all i need. i can do this!' thinks yibo.

yibo's raven flaps its wings in protest, he hear his displeased caw. however, despite all the exhaustion, he manage to reach for his father. his imagination transports him to the forest he has seen only in his dreams.

"dad! dad, can you hear me?" asked yibo.

"i am right here, yibo!" said roger.

"dad, we don't have much time. how do i get to the tunnels that lead to the tower?" asked yibo.

"that's a dangerous endeavor, yibo!" said roger.

"dad, every raven's life in misty harbor depends on this, please..." said yibo.

"right, right... the doors to the tunnels are sealed magically." said roger.

"damn! more magic? how do i open them?" asked yibo.

"a drop of your or zhan's family's blood is enough to open them. many years ago our ancestors sealed them with their blood." said roger.

"a drop of blood. check! uhm, i kind of need directions, dad! how do i get there? dad? daaaad?!!" shouted yibo.

yibo can fell the last drop of power leave his body. exhausted, his raven drops the connection to his father before he can answer his question.

"damn! what do we do now?" asked yibo.

right at that moment, he hear a grumpy voice and the familiar scent of smoke. he and gigi turn to find sue. she takes a deep gulp of her pipe before she continues.

"now, we go and rescue our people!" said sue.

"but how, sue? my raven used all his powers. i've drained the well of power in my chest. i can't connect with dad now." said yibo.

"you're still not getting it, yibo! your father has told you all that you need to know." said sue.

"what do you mean? is it the drop of my blood?" asked yibo.