14. Caught in the flames...

yibo wake up, chocking. his bedroom is filed with smoke and fire. he start panicking in confusion, until a familiar, soothing voice reaches for him.

"you must get up now, my son! save yourself, yibo!" said roger.

yibo jump up, and immediately, he feel thick clouds of smoke choking him.

"what's happening?! " said yibo.

yibo tear the curtains and try to extinguish the fire. but the flames are too tall already. the fire is everywhere. in the thick clouds of smoke, he can't see anything.

"oh my... i can't breathe..." said yibo.

yibo hear the sound of shattering glass and cold air gushes into the room. the flames jump to life with renewed power.

"yibo, shift and fly out! now!" said sean .

"i can't, too weak..." said yibo.

sean's raven grabs him in his mighty claws. sean carries him out of the window. the cold night air helps yibo's lungs cool down and he shift.

"you've saved me, again!" said yibo.

"i've told you. i'll always be loyal to you. yibo!" said sean.

as yibo land and shift, he see zhan has rescued sue. sean wraps his arms around yibo and checks him for any possible injuries.

"i'm all right! i'm fine! thank you, sean!" said yibo.

"always." said sean.

"this is unbelievable! how did this fire start?" asked yibo.

"i have no idea. as always, i made sure everything was off before i went to bed." said sue.

"this could not be an accident." said sean.

"what do you mean, sean?" asked yibo.

"you know, yibo!" said sean.

sean and zhan exchange an understanding look but both remains silent. yibo has a sinking feeling that he know exactly what they are not telling.

suddenly, the words ring in his mind:"like a phoenix, he'll rise from the ashes of the deaths caused by him..."

'this prophecy...' thinks yibo.

moments later, the police and the fire brigade arrive. yibo is given blankets and asked to wait on the side. zhan is busy arranging things. sean is very silent and keeps to the shadows.

'i can sense that some of the police officers and the firefighters are ravens. they will cover any traces if the fire is caused by a supernatural being. is that why sean is staying away?' thinks yibo.

yibo see zhan walk to his brother.

"you'd better leave. more ravens are coming." said zhan.

"worried that a rogue will be seen with you?" said sean.

"i have nothing to worry about! but you must leave for his sake." said zhan.

yibo's heart sink as he watch sean's shoulder curl. he don't want him to think he's ashamed of him.

'zhan is being unfair to his brother...' thinks yibo.

yibo's heart breaks, but he know this is not the moment to worry about sean.

'he'll be fine! sean does not need anyone's company.' thinks yibo.

with one final glance at yibo, sean shift and leaves without saying a word.

most of the fire is extinguished now. sue looks sad, but at least, the house is saved.

"it seems like the fire only destroyed the bedrooms on the right-wing." said sue.