6. Falling...

yibo is falling. and then, he feel massive wings open in front of his eyes. they wrap around him, and the fall is replaced with a feeling of...flight.

"zhan!"

"yibo!"

yibo see massive black wings open right before him. a pair of brown eyes watch him. he know those eyes are zhan's eyes. zhan would have recognized them whatever form he had - man or raven.

"what's happening? this can't be real!" said yibo.

"this is real. yibo, and you know it!" said zhan.

"no!" said yibo.

"you can't deny what's in front of your eyes." said zhan.

zhan - or rather the big raven with burning brown eyes - brings yibo down to the ground. he turns yibo's body amidst the flight so that his body is on top of him as he hit the ground.

"don't go! don't leave me!" said yibo.

"i'm not going anywhere, yibo." said zhan.

the feel of zhan's wings covered in rough feathers is calming. yibo can hear the heaving of his massive body. his eyes never leave yibo's.

"i can hear you in my mind. how's that possible?" asked yibo.

yibo can't believe what he's saying. in fact, he can't believe he's talking to a bird.

"indeed. that's the connection between us. let me shift and i'll explain everything to you." said zhan.

"shift? yes, please do." said yibo.

"you'll have to let go of my body for that." said zhan.

yibo realize he've been clinging to zhan's raven's body as if holding for dear life. his cheeks burns with embarrassment.

"ah, sorry..." said yibo.

reluctantly, yibo let go of him. zhan's gaze never leaves his. one moment zhan is raven, and then, after yibo blink, he's lying on top of zhan's naked human body.

suddenly, everything that's been going on feels too much. and most of all - the warm arms that are wrapped around yibo.

"this is madness!" shouted yibo.

yibo push zhan away and struggle to get on his feet. yibo's legs are still trembling and zhan catches him once again before he fall.

"it's okay. give yourself a moment to recover." said zhan.

"can't you see? nothing is okay! and i can't think straight with you... naked and uhm... with your arms all over me." said yibo.

"i'm sorry." said zhan.

zhan steps back and yibo immediately regret the loss of warmth of his touch.

zhan takes yibo's hand and leads him out of the tower. the fresh night air brings a bit of clarity to his thoughts.

"it seems so normal out here. as if nothing happened just a few minutes ago." said yibo.

"are we going to pretend that nothing happened? i shifted in front of your eyes and you want to  be back to normalcy?" said zhan.

'when he puts it like that, he's still naked and so attractive. i can't take my eyes off him.' thinks yibo.

"i think i have a thing for men with feathers." said yibo.

"i hoped you'd say that." said zhan.

as if reading yibo's thoughts, zhan pauses, lacing yibop's fingers. zhan lazily traces his finger against the back of yibo's palm.

they stare into each other's eyes for what seems like an eternity. and then zhan's lips are against yibo's. zhan's breath - just a whisper that makes yibo tremble like a feather in the wind.

"zhan..." said yibo.

before yibo know what he's about to say, zhan's lips capture his, claiming yibo in a long kiss that brushes away all the worries of the day. it's just yibo and zhan underneath the stars and yibo's heart is ready to fly.

"i'm not ready to end this night, yibo. you can feel the power oozing of this tower, can't you? i want to make love to you under the watchful gaze of this tower. will you let me do that, yibo?" asked zhan.

"i want to say yes, but it's been such a long day..." said yibo.

"i can understand. let's take you home. you need to rest." said zhan.

yibo's heart is threatening to burst out of his chest as zhan takes his hand and leads him to his car. yibo look into the darkened skies looming above him.

"you seem deep in thought..." said zhan.

"i need some time to process everything that's happened." said yibo.

"of course..." said zhan.

"and your wound is healed already, so..." said yibo.

"are you pushing me away, yibo?" said zhan.

"i want to stay but i think i need time alone." said yibo.

"i can understand that. but as i said, i'm not going anywhere." said zhan.

"i won't let you! i will call you tomorrow." said yibo.

"all right then." said zhan.

zhan leans closer to give yibo a goodnight kiss. zhan's lips lightly brush against his, leaving him craving for more. 

and then, zhan takes a few steps backward and a moment later, he shifts into a magnificent raven. he says good night to yibo and waits until yibo get into his car and start the engine before zhan flaps his massive wings and disappears into the darkness of the night.

when yibo arrive home, sue is waiting for him. she's smoking her pipe and sipping fragrant tea.

"looks like you might need some tea." said sue.

"i think, what i need is something stronger." said yibo.

"that's the effect zhan have on anyone." said sue.

sue's deep eyes glow with understanding. she sucks on her pipe as she watches yibo shift uncomfortably.

"tell me everything  i need to know about him, sue!" said yibo.

"of course, you are not an ordinary boy, yibo. and zhan is not an ordinary man!" said sue.

"what do you mean?" asked yibo.

"you should've asked your questions before letting that young man inside your heart. have a seat! we have a long night's talk ahead of us..." said sue.