Hey, Firey! [CHAPTER 2 PART 9]

Firey's POV

Oh boy, what a great day to do absolutely nothing. I sure hope I don't get dragged into something I don't want to do!

As the school week progressed, Firey found himself engrossed in his studies, dealing with the dilemma that is leafy and, of course, trying to decide what to do with the intriguing presence of Teardrop. But amidst all the daily adventures and mysteries, there was one unexpected invitation that caught him off guard.

One afternoon, as Firey was heading to the school courtyard during lunch break, he noticed a familiar face waving enthusiastically at him. It was Match, a girl with a fiery personality who had a passion for sports, especially volleyball.

Match: Hey Firey! Come over here!

Firey looked at her confused, probably because he forgot who she was.

Firey: Hello, Match. What is it?

Match's eyes sparkled with excitement as she revealed her purpose.

Match: The school is organizing a volleyball tournament this weekend, and we're a player down. Any chance you could join us?

Firey raised an eyebrow, slightly surprised by the invitation.

Firey: Me? Are you sure? I mean, I'm not really great at volleyball.

Match waved off his concern with a confident grin.

Match: Don't worry about that! You've got great reflexes and energy. I think you'll be a fantastic asset to the team!

Firey hesitated for a moment, considering the offer. He wasn't the best at volleyball, but he enjoyed playing sports sometimes. And being part of Match's team sounded like a good way to spend the weekend.

Firey: Alright, I'll join.

Match's eyes lit up with delight.

Match: Yay! That's the spirit! I knew you'd be up for the challenge.

As the week went on, Firey found himself getting more and more training for the upcoming volleyball tournament. Match was energetic and enthusiastic, and her passion for the sport was contagious. She practiced with her team members during lunch breaks and after school, making sure everyone was prepared for the big event.

On the day of the tournament, the school gymnasium buzzed with anticipation and excitement. Teams from different classes and grades had gathered to compete in the competition. Firey could feel the pressure, but he wasn't concerned with that. He was just casually warming up with his teammates.

Match: Alright, team! Let's give it our all out there. We may not be the most experienced, but we've got spirit and determination on our side!

The team cheered in response, their spirits lifted by Match's motivational words. As the tournament began, they faced different teams with varying levels of skill. Despite the challenges, Firey felt like a headless chicken, running around as if he didn't have a clue on what to do. But still, he felt the rush of adrenaline as he dived to save a ball and the satisfaction of landing a successful spike.

Throughout the tournament, Firey was impressed by Match's leadership and teamwork. She encouraged everyone on the team, ensuring that they felt valued and motivated. Even when they faced tough opponents, Match kept their spirits high, reminding them that winning wasn't everything; it was about having fun and doing their best.

As the final match approached, Firey's team found themselves up against a formidable opponent. The score was close, and tensions were running high. But Match's unwavering spirit and determination inspired the team to keep pushing forward.

In a thrilling climax, Firey made a crucial save that set up Match for a powerful spike, scoring the winning point. The gym erupted into cheers and applause as Match's team celebrated their victory.

Match: "We did it, team! I knew we could do it!"

Firey grinned slightly. He didn't think the tournament would be anything special, but at least he got to avoid his problems for a bit.

Firey: Thanks for inviting me, see you later.

Match beamed at him.

Match: No problem, Firey! You were amazing out there. I'm glad you had a good time!

The volleyball tournament had brought Firey and Match closer together as friends, and Firey appreciated the opportunity to be a part of such an exhilarating experience. As the day came to an end, he felt a sense of satisfaction, something he hadn't felt in a while. He always felt dull and heartless, but he got to experience something that was genuinely fun for him.

And so, as the sun set on the day of the volleyball tournament and Firey went home, feeling like a new person. It's as if all the stress came crashing down and all that was left was him. The real him. Firey sighed and took a nap, wondering about everything that would change after such an eventful day.

Perhaps... perhaps it's time for him to accept it. To accept that he's not better than everyone. He's not better than Leafy, he's not better than Match, he's not superior to anyone. Maybe that was the point, the point of taking his powers away.

Wait... what was that sound?

————————————————

I'm sorry for the lazy chapter, I felt like this book needed an update so you could consider this as filler. Anyways, have a good day!