-ˋˏ ༻"take my hand."༺ ˎˊ-

❀-
as the day comes to a start, 7:32AM,
your getting ready for school. you just remembered what happened with you and neville yesterday. all you thought was "was that a dream." or "that never happened." You felt your heart skip a beat with these thoughts because you thought "how can a boy like him.. like ME.. Y/N." you we're in distress thinking about it, so decided to shrug it off,

as you grabbed your robe and headed up stairs to the common room neville was laying on the couch book in his hands, of course it was a herbology book. that's all he ever reads is just plants or bugs or animals.

you try to avoid him but he catches you.
"Oi! Y/N!! good morning! wanna walk to The great hall and get breakfast with me?"

you froze. "it wasn't a dream." you thought. a bright smile shattered on your face.
"i'd love to, neville!!"

"Spectacular!"
he throws on his shoes and socks and robe and tie and he grabs his books and supplies for the day.

"how'd you sleep Y/N?"
"I slept... Okay."

neville's eyebrow rose at you as he was looking at you in confusion.
"hey i know we just started taking the other week but you know i'm always here for you!!"

a grin grew on your face. "thank you, neville. i appreciate that a lot!"

he just smiled and looked down and giggled,
you loved his laugh & smile.
it stood out more than anyone's, his teeth showed and his beautiful cheeks brightened, his eyes nearly closed when he smiled and laughed and his cheeks always glow a light pink when he's happy.
you always notice these small things about him, nobody sees neville like how you see neville.
but you think. "He doesn't notice a thing about me. he's clueless."
you sighed, neville grew wonder though.
-
threw out the day you were bummed of the fact that he might not like you and he's doing this because he never got this attention before so he might just be attached to you.

none of what you thought was true,
neville was so in love. he was thinking if you all night. neville's eyes brightens when he looks at you, his smile always grows more around you, his laugh is more loud around you, he's more himself around you.
-
"Hey Y/N, i need to show you something." neville said in a scared tone.
"what is it?"
"it's a surprise.."
as he stood up he reached his hand out to you, He was doing this in front of everyone in the great hall, you were flustered of him towering over you and him just reaching out to you.

"take my hand."

As you take his hand, his hands were soft and gentle when you placed your hand into his, you stood up and he held your hand walking to the green house.
it's always the green house when he has a surprise, you weren't shocked, you knew it was gonna be the greenhouse when he said "surprise".
but his gifts make you feel special.

as he walked over to the gift with your hand in his, him looking back at you,
"close your eyes!!"
as you closed them and he lefts go of your hand, the soft grip faded and your arm fell to your side while you were closing your eyes tight.
Neville sounded excited in the background grabbing the gift.

"Okay, open!"

it was a huge Bouquet of flowers and plants that reminded him of you.

you were in shock, your body felt warm, you felt safe and enclosed, you look up at neville with a smile on your face.
"i never gotten flowers before from a man. thank you neville." you set the flowers down on the table and stepped close to neville and wrapped your arms around him. everything went away.
the pain.
the worry's.
the anger.
it's all gone. all you went was his soft clothes and robe and his hands guiding across your back. you teared up.
you don't know why you were. you just felt so loved by a boy who hasn't even confessed yet.
"thank you neville. for everything."

neville couldn't speak. he was in shock and frozen and just gripping onto you and hugging you tight,
"of course Y/N. are you okay? it was just flowers."

they weren't just flowers. Those were flowers from 'Flower boy'.
the boy who loves nature. the boy who has bravery in every situation. the boy who knows everything will be okay in the end.

you pull away from the hug. "i'm sorry, i should ask to hug next time, haha!"
"no no don't worry, i don't mind it at all!!" neville smiles lightly at you and grabbed a flower from the bouquet and put it in your hair,
"there you go, just like when we first met."

you don't know what you could do without neville, even though he might of been the outcast and the awkward gryffindor. he has so much loyalty and love in him no one else saw except you.
only you.

the bell rang for when class started, you both are late.

"i better head to class" you said stuttering under your breathe laughing.
"okay, i'll see you than Y/N."
"bye nev!"

"nev. why did i call him nev" you thought walking backwards running into a desk behind u with a bouquet of flowers in your hands, you laughed and stormed out in a second.

"omg. omg. omg." you smelt the flowers, you realized it smelt like him. you hugged the bouquet and decided to ditch class to go to the dorms and just skip the period to sleep in.

as you made it to your dorm are thought.
"neville longbottom gave me these flowers.."
you grab a flask and fill it with water and clean the flowers and set them on your bed side,
you were kicking your feet in happiness and you couldn't stop to think about anything else. but neville.
your mind is only on neville.

-

1K WORDS AHH,
THIS WAS KINDS CRINGY WRITING SO IM SORRY IF YOU CRINGE LOLLLLL!!
ANYWAYS ITS 3AM WRITING THIS IM SO SLEEPY!