Chapter 40. Part two of Aces birthday

Caleb POV
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt her" Emma said. I ignored Emma's apology because I didn't believe anything she was saying. I looked down at Arias arm her skin was turning dark red from the hot trays that burned her.

"Look what she did to her and you want to tell me it isn't her fault" I argued with Lydia showing her Arias burned arm. I picked up Aria putting her down on the kitchen counter to help her with her burn.

"Nonna why are you defending her we all seen what she did to Aria" Aaron asked Lydia who was now angry. She ignored Aaron's question and walked away with Emma.

"D-daddy I-it b-burns" Aria cried to me. "I know baby. I'll make it feel better don't cry princess." I wiped her tears.

I turned on the sink to lukewarm water. "Don't be scared princess this will help stop the burning I promise it won't hurt." I encouraged her to put her arm under the cool water.

She cautiously put her arm under the cool water. "Does it feel better princes?" I asked her. She squeezed her eyes shut pulling at my shirt "I-it's g-good." She said through small tears.

I could hear Zane arguing with Emma in the hall away from us privately. "Is mommy gonna be okay dad?" Ace asked me worried about her. "Yeah she is. Mommy's a strong little princess." I praised her to make her feel better.

"Aaron can you go buy some ointment aloe Vera is fine just be fast please?" I asked him. "I was already planning on going with Layla." Him and Layla ran outside the house so they could get what Aria needed quickly.

"I m-made y-you y-your b-birthday c-cookie A-Ace I-it's I-in t-the f-freezer." She told Ace even though she was crying.

I went in the freezer to get it for him she made an ice cream sandwich with the cookies she baked for him with a small toothpick flag that said happy birthday.

I picked him up to sit next to Aria on the kitchen counter handing him his birthday cookie. "Thank you so much mommy I love you and daddy so much." He kissed her cheek and then mine.

I moved him to a chair so he could sit properly and eat his cookie. "Stop crying princess." I wiped her tears again trying to calm her down. "S-she r-ruined A-Aces b-birthday." She said angrily through tears of frustration.

"Its okay daddy will fix it. You already made Ace the happiest kid by making him his favorite cookie." She smiled but more frustrated tears slipped out of her eyes. She never got this angry before she was shaking from how angry she was.

Layla brought me the ointment for her burn. "Don't cry Aria. I'll help you make a new batch of cookies." Layla told her trying to make her feel better. "O-okay b-but j-just w-wait u-until I c-calm d-down." She told her calmly.

I rubbed the aloe Vera ointment all over the burn on her arm slowly and gently so I wouldn't cause her more pain. "I'll help with the cookies too I gotta learn your recipe to your delicious cookies." Sammy told her making her smile a little.

Sammy and Layla joked with Aria trying to calm her down to distract her from what happened to her so she wouldn't be angry anymore. I cleaned up the cookies from the floor so they could make a new batch of cookies with her.

Once I finished cleaning up the mess and washed the trays for her I dried them off and put them back on the counter for her to use again.

"There princess go make your cookies. Let me know when there done I'll take them out for you so you don't burn yourself."

I kissed her puffy cheeks from her crying so much. "T-thank y-you d-daddy." She hugged me giving me a small kiss on my lips.

"Your welcome princess. Don't worry about this anymore I'll take care of it just be a good girl for daddy." She nodded her head kissing my lips again.

I put her down so she could go make her cookies with Sammy and Layla. I grabbed Aces gifts again so I could give it to him. He was playing with Max and Ronnie in the backyard. "Ace come here." I called for him.

He ran towards me with a huge smile on his face noticing the gifts in my arms. "Look what mommy and I got you for your birthday."

I showed him all the new toy cars that he didn't have yet so he could add to his car collection in his room.

"Woah Ace you got some cool cars." Ronnie told him. "Wanna help me put them in my room?" Ace asked him and Max. "Yup." Max told him running inside the house. "Thanks dad." He said to me while running behind Ronnie and Max.

"Make sure you thank your mom too!" I yelled to him so he would hear me. I noticed Lydia coming towards me I was going to walk away but my anger got the best of me. I let her come sit next to me staying calm as much as possible.

"You need to leave Emma alone she didn't do anything wrong to Aria. She's just overreacting Emma bumped into her while she was moving the trays. She did that on her own it wasn't Emma's fault." She defended.

I let her finish defending Emma and explain everything that happened barely listening to anything she was saying about the situation that happened in the kitchen. "Are you done talking?"

She stayed quiet I could see the anger in her face from my rudeness towards her. "You want me to be honest with you nonna?" I asked. "Go ahead Caleb." She said annoyed.

"You're still stuck in the past where you wanted me and Emma to be together and I still refuse to let that happen again because I already have the perfect wife and child."

"When the fuck are you going to put it in your head that I don't want to be with Emma. You've said it yourself that Aria was the perfect wife for me a few times. Why the sudden change now that Emma is around again?"

She looked at me shocked and offended by what I said to her. She was speechless, she didn't know how to respond to me.

"Whether you like it or not I'm not getting with Emma just because you like her more than Aria. I'm going to continue loving my wife, killing for my wife, sticking up for my wife, being there for my wife, taking care of my wife."

"And if you really want me to get disrespectful I'll even fuck her in front of Emma so she can see just how much I love Aria. So you both can understand that I only want Aria."

"Keep defending Emma all you want Lydia but at the end of the day your not my real mother, or grandmother you were just some nice lady that was nice enough to take care of me until I was old enough."

"Let's not forget who I am Lydia I didn't hesitate to kill her own parents or mine for hurting her don't think I won't hesitate to kill you and Emma."

"If I hear you or Emma say or do anything else to her both of you can consider yourselves dead by me." I finished saying threateningly full of promises I knew she knew I wasn't bluffing.

I walked away from her going back inside the house. Aaron came beside me patting my back proudly. "Let's go for a walk so you can cool off I can practically see the steam coming out of your ears from how angry you are."