Chapter 2| Dark Interview

(Vonnes POV)

"Ok...we're live!" The cameraman in the background said. I fixed up my posture as the interviewer took a swig of coffee.

"So Mrs. Jackson, I've heard a lot of good things about you" He said. I smiled and crossed my legs.

"Really? What things did ya hear?" I asked.

"Well, I heard that you are one hell of an actress" I slowly stirred in my seat uncomfortably.

"Well, what are your favorite movies by me...?" I asked, praying that he wouldn't say the one movie I was thinking of.

"Hmm....Oh! Pure...Moxie" I closed my eyes for a second and inhaled.

"Mrs. Jackson are you ok?" He asked me. I smiled and shook it off.

"Oh yes I'm fine! Now what about Pure Moxie?" I asked him.

"Pure Moxie sure is a killer movie and it makes it even more better that THE King Of Pop who happens to be your HUSBAND plays YOUR pimp! Ain't that something people?" He said while looking at the camera with a smile. I kept my fake smile up.

"Now Mrs. Jackson if you don't mind me asking, is the film really based on how your life was before you met Michael Jackson?" The question burned my chest worse than acid.

"Well...some of it was based off my younger days, yes" I answered him.

"Some of the people were wondering if you were actually a prostitute at the age of 19. Is that true?" My heart began pounding. I was no longer smiling. The lights were brighter than usual and the cameras were all on me. I looked around and chuckled at the silence.

"Uhm..." I stammered. The interviewer sighed in a irritated manner.

"We're all waiting Mrs. Jackson." He rushed.

"Yes..it's true" I said in shame while looking down in my lap.

"Oh wow! That's very interesting." He said. He was being an asshole and he knew what he was doing.

"How does Mr. Jackson feel after marrying a complete slut?" He abruptly said. My face dropped.

"Excuse me?" I snapped back to reality.

"I said, how does Mr. Jackson feel after being in a movie with his wife where he plays a pimp?" He asked me. I was totally freaking out and I didn't like it.

"O-oh...uhm. I can't really speak for hi-"

"Oh sure you can! We're all here and we accept all answers" He cut me off.

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

"He did tell me that it was an interesting role for him to be in, but he knew this movie meant a lot to me..and that's why he did it" I answered.

"Aww isn't that sweet. How did you and Mr. Jackson meet?" He asked. I felt a punch to my gut. I didn't feel right blurting out Michaels business to the world, knowing that he's in enough shit already.

"W-well..." I got stuck. I didn't want to lie but I didn't want to tell the truth.

"I met him at one of his concerts..me and my friends were backstage and that's how we met." I lied. I've never even been to a concert nor could I go.

"Were these friends of yours prostitutes like you?" He asked. My eyes widened.

"Excuse me?!" I raised my voice. He put his hand on his chest.

"Oh I'm sorry Mrs. Jackson did I offend you? I apologize! I was just trying to enlighten the moment" He said in a fake sorry tone while laughing. Suddenly, fake laughter filled the room but I wasn't smiling.

"You better watch it buddy!" I warned him.

"Now before we wrap this interview up I just have one more question for you Mrs. Jackson"

"I'm listening.." he opened this weird looking envelope and pulled out a card.

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

As soon as me and my bodyguards came through the doors, reporters, paparazzi, and fans swarmed us. My bodyguards were pushing me through the huge mob. Microphones were pointed at my face as the reporters screamed out questions. I'm glad I had on my sunglasses.

But I wish I had earplugs for the questions they were throwing at me..

"MRS. JACKSON IS IT TRUE THAT THE KING OF POP PAID FOR A SESSION WITH YOU WHEN YOU WERE 25!?"

"DID THE KING OF POP GROOM YOU?!"

"No! He never did any of that!" I replied to who ever shouted that question. Suddenly we stopped so that I could answer some questions.

"DID YOU SLEEP WITH PRINCE IN ORDER TO GET HIM TO PUT YOU IN A MUSIC VIDEO?" I gave him a twisted look.

"What the hell do you take me for? A HOOKER?" I asked.

"IS IT TRUE THAT YOU WERE A PORN STAR AT THE AGE OF 16?!" That question struck me and made my blood boil.

"FUCK ALL OF YOU DISGUSTING PEOPLE!" I yelled at the mob. My bodyguards finally got me in the car and soon we drove off. I started trembling, trying to process what just happened.

"This is bad....that was all over the news..a..and the world..." I muttered to myself as I began to cry.

"Don't worry madame, we're taking you to your husband right now." My chauffeur Devin said.

"Thank you so much Devin.." I told him before putting up the privacy window. I took my shades off and laid across the backseat so that I could cry myself to sleep.

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

I was completely drained. All I wanted was my husband. As I walked closer to his office I could hear him cussing someone out.

"I DONT GIVE A SHIT! THAT ASSHOLE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND HE KNEW THAT MY WIFE WAS NEW TO THIS! FIND OUT WHO HE IS AND SEND HIM TO ME PERSONALLY!" He yelled.

I slowly opened the door to see Michaels back turned towards me with his hand on his hip and his hand holding his phone up to his ear.

"Baby?" I said. He quickly looked back at me and hung up the phone.

"Oh baby..." he said. He quickly ran up to me and hugged me.

"Are you alright? I watched the interview.." I couldn't hold it in. I began breaking down in his chest. He held me tight and kissed the top of my head.

"I don't want this anymore Michael...I'm not meant to be with you-" He suddenly jerked my body up, gripping my upper arms.

"Vonne! Don't let these people bring you down! When you become famous there is no turning back! They ENVY you!" He said.

"But Michael I'm new to this and you're used to it!" I tried to tell him.

"It doesn't matter! They want us apart because they don't want to see us happy. We're a black couple in a world with people who don't like seeing black people succeed. You just have to show people that this is your life and they don't run it.." His words were really inspiring.

"Wow...you're absolutely right.." I said while zoning out.

"I know..so please stay strong for me baby.." He said before locking me in a deep kiss.